Stolen SD card, need conf number to buy the new map upgrade

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
davewill said:
cmwade77 said:
Not really that hard, it appears to be a standard 4GB class 4 SDHC card. These are relatively cheap, you should be able to pick one up for less than $10. Should be possible to do a 1:1 copy and have it work in theory, I may have to try this at some point, because if that works, I would love to see if someone wants to try a 1:1 copy of the update card before it is ever put into a vehicle.

They call it Secure Digital for a reason. The software is keyed to the card and you can't just copy it and have it work, otherwise people would be selling copies left and right.

Its not a problem to make a working copy and it doesnt matter if its update sd card or original. But the main problem is that each sd card is locked with password which is unique for a each navigation unit. Password calculation algorithm is unknown yet, and its possible to obtain it only by reading from navigation unit. So it prevents from selling copied cards. When you ordering it online from nissan, they calculate password by navigation serial number and locking sd card with it. Such card will work only on the unit with the same serial number.

Back