What's new for 2020?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
webeleafowners said:
LeftieBiker said:
Does yours have the Premium Package?

You mean my 2016 SV? Hmm. How would I tell. I think it’s just an SV. Not sure the premium package was even offered.

Does it have a Bose stereo with rear sub-woofer and Around View cameras that show a view of the car from "above" to help parking?

LeftieBiker said:
webeleafowners said:
LeftieBiker said:
Does yours have the Premium Package?

You mean my 2016 SV? Hmm. How would I tell. I think it’s just an SV. Not sure the premium package was even offered.

Does it have a Bose stereo with rear sub-woofer and Around View cameras that show a view of the car from "above" to help parking?

Nope. So no.

LeftieBiker said:
A good 30kwh Leaf with no substantial capacity loss is still worth something, as it's a true 100 mile BEV, as currently defined.

We’ll wait to see what the trade in number is before we decide to trade. The sales manager is good with that. Otherwise I’ll sell it privately. About once per month I charge it overnight to a 100 percent for a certain road trip. Still always charges north of 190 km on the GOM. Little deceiving though. Speed limits are low in this valley. Max 100 kmh and many at 90 kmh. At those speeds the GOM is always bang on.

What about launching the Leaf Plus AWD for $39,900. If they could tweak up range a few miles (maybe use the 16" Rims on all trims as well), to say 235 miles, it would be an interesting value prop vs. the SR+. Similar range, but with dual motors. Tech still isn't as exciting, many people don't care about fart mode or video games. IF they could do it with the larger LCD, it could be quite interesting.

+1 on the 16 inch wheels. Bigger sidewalls allow you to pump up the tires for efficiency without creating a bone-jarring ride, and reduce the likelihood of damage when you hit potholes. Shrink the brakes a bit too so that 15s will fit for winter wheels. A vehicle with regenerative braking doesn't need to worry about brakes overheating.

Titanium48 said:
+1 on the 16 inch wheels. Bigger sidewalls allow you to pump up the tires for efficiency without creating a bone-jarring ride, and reduce the likelihood of damage when you hit potholes. Shrink the brakes a bit too so that 15s will fit for winter wheels. A vehicle with regenerative braking doesn't need to worry about brakes overheating.

With the caveat that regen is mostly off when your battery is above certain levels. They may have to calculate the brake size based on a full charge condition of the battery.

A full charge at the summit of a mountain pass? I suppose it might happen if there was a charger there and someone got distracted and didn't unplug before the battery was full. Seems unlikely to be a common occurrence though.
Regardless, cars as heavy as the Leaf including pickup trucks and 70s land yachts regularly came with 15 inch wheels in years past. I'm sure it would work for the Leaf even if someone was silly enough to head down a long steep grade with a full charge.

I heard Nissan is going to guarantee the 2020 will increase your child bearing productivity by at least 25%.

That's right, the EV is sexy. Guaranteed.

danrjones said:
I heard Nissan is going to guarantee the 2020 will increase your child bearing productivity by at least 25%.

That's right, the EV is sexy. Guaranteed.

Ahhhh maaaaannnnnn. I’m like 57 years old. Maybe a hamster or another chihuahua. But a kid. No freakin way. Might have to cancel my order. My wife says I’m already way too sexy.

Here is some information on the 2020 LEAF for the JDM. A subset of this will be part of the 2020 car for other geographies:

https://global.nissannews.com/en/releases/191216-01-e

preview-928x522.jpg

The part most likely to make it into WW production is the blindspot/collision avoidance feature as it uses the existing blindspot monitoring and lane keep assist technologies.

OrientExpress said:
The part most likely to make it into WW production is the blindspot/collision avoidance feature as it uses the existing blindspot monitoring and lane keep assist technologies.

Interesting. I wonder if that ev cgarge station navigation software could be OTA updated later.

Also. They are talking about a 9 inch display. Seems to me the existing Eplus is an 8 inch display. Hmmm

Apparently one of the posters here was actually seeing / hearing an actual 2020 LEAF near Smyrna charging here: https://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=30662&p=573998&hilit=2020+smyrna#p573981

The article referenced above by Orient does say that a new sound called "canto" would be used as the pedestrian warning sound. The Smyrna poster reported hearing a "tron" like sound which matches the sound originally revealed here: https://youtu.be/p4cjPk8mqEM

The Smyrna person also reported a "large" screen so that seems to match the article stating upping the size to a 9", which is 1 inch bigger than the 8" unit on all plus units. It likely also has the full LCD instrument display with no physical Speedo.

Would be interesting to see what other features make it to production in the USA. Given that the debut isn't until 2020 Feb in Japan, it's likely around then we will hear for sure what really be in the NA / Europe versions.

jdcbomb said:
Apparently one of the posters here was actually seeing / hearing an actual 2020 LEAF near Smyrna charging here: https://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=30662&p=573998&hilit=2020+smyrna#p573981

The article referenced above by Orient does say that a new sound called "canto" would be used as the pedestrian warning sound. The Smyrna poster reported hearing a "tron" like sound which matches the sound originally revealed here: https://youtu.be/p4cjPk8mqEM

The Smyrna person also reported a "large" screen so that seems to match the article stating upping the size to a 9", which is 1 inch bigger than the 8" unit on all plus units. It likely also has the full LCD instrument display with no physical Speedo.

Would be interesting to see what other features make it to production in the USA. Given that the debut isn't until 2020 Feb in Japan, it's likely around then we will hear for sure what really be in the NA / Europe versions.

So you think it might be a mid year change or do you think Smyrna is already producing Leafs with 9 inch screens.

I wouldnt call it a mid-year change. It's more of a "late" change. It's likely there a few being test driven now (hence why he saw / heard it) with production starting sometime 2020 Q1.

Back