California, allies ready for emission-law war with Trump EPA, CARB head says

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jlv said:
I wonder if the the CARB states couldn't just tack a significant registration surcharge on vehicles with a lower mileage rating, and avoid the EPAs nonsense?

Under current law they can’t but they can tax the other way around which is very unfortunate and should be illegal.

The only way they can tax more is on something substitive like weight.

Those automakers should just ignore the subpoena. That's what the executive branch has been doing to Congress. So the subpoena must be optional.

Now new Mexico is adopting CA vehicle emissions standards.
Can you please keep this stupidity inside your own boarders please?

Oilpan4 said:
How might one keep the atmosphere of a state from mixing with other state's atmosphere?

Oilpan4 said:
The people of New Mexico shouldn't be free to decide that for themselves?

Maybe I wasn't clear. The people of the state of NM should be free to adopt more stringent standards than the federal laws require if they so choose. Piggybacking on stricter standards enacted by a coalition of other states is a practical approach, but hell they could decide to outlaw all wheeled vehicles if they want (although that would likely derail a lot of statehouse reelection bids)

The people don't get to decide they just force it on us.
I would be for it if it actually solved a problem.

Random thought and something that might help; authorize police to issue tickets for "rolling coal".

WetEV said:
Oilpan4 said:
You mean the non-people that voted for the government you don't like, as people not the same color as you aren't "the people".

So you are trying to make this about race?
Wow you are one sick puppy.

Oilpan4 said:
WetEV said:
Oilpan4 said:
You mean the non-people that voted for the government you don't like, as people not the same color as you aren't "the people".

So you are trying to make this about race?
Wow you are one sick puppy.
Then was there an election? Didn't the people have the right to decide based on voting?

Explain why higher emission standards are a bad thing? It is not a mandate on which car you must drive.

I still think its funny that the EPA wants to revoke CA's ability to set a tougher emission standard for vehicles, then turned around and said pollution was too high.

Aside from the politics of who is in the legal "right", what's the problem with higher emission standards?

Personally I've thought they are not nearly high enough. Ever look at trucks in a dealer lot? Imagine my surprise years ago when I realized F250 and F350s did not have a EPA / MPG listed on their sticker. Simply because the EPA doesn't require them to. If they are on our roads, they should be following the same standards the rest of the vehicles do, eh?

Back