Bought 2013 SV, new question

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zahmed1094

I bought a 2013 Nissan SV with $41k mikes, paid $7990 for it. Enjoyed driving it home. All 12 bars on right. After coming home, range indicated 28 mikes, time to re-charge at 120v (it’s all I have at home) shows 15 hours. I just plugged it in.

The new question I have relates to a trip I have starting tomorrow. I will be flying out tomorrow (Tuesday) and returning 4 days later, on Friday. My question is on whether I could leave the car at airport parking lot for 4 days and still have enough to drive the 20 miles home?

Most likely I will take UBER but in the past I used to just leave car in parking garage, sometimes for 15+ days.

If you arrive with enough charge to get home easily, and the air temperature doesn't drop near 0F, you should be fine. The battery warmer only starts when the pack temp (not the air temp) drops into the mid single digits Fahrenheit.

Another question. The screen, as Zi was driving home, had a map that just showed the car on the streets. How do you actually set a destination, get directions? Do I need the car wings app to use it? How much does a subscription cost? Is it necessary?

You can set voice navigation - no telematics needed. It isn't the greatest nav system, though. I suggest you read the admittedly long owner's manual. Short answer is there is a button to press, IIRC, and the easiest way to set a commercial destination is to enter their phone number - IF the business has been there since at least 2012. Otherwise you enter the address.

zahmed1094 said:
After coming home, range indicated 28 miles
Learn this as soon as possible: do not believe the range display (GOM) on the LEAF. It is not a realistic number. You might have as little as 15 miles with the GOM displaying that.

(Purchase LeafSpyPro and get an OBD-II reader and let that tell you the real remaining energy in the battery)

zahmed1094 said:
Another question. The screen, as Zi was driving home, had a map that just showed the car on the streets. How do you actually set a destination, get directions? Do I need the car wings app to use it? How much does a subscription cost? Is it necessary?

If you press the MENU button, the menu screen will offer "Map" and "Navi" as buttons across the bottom of the screen. You use "Navi" to get to a screen that allows you to set the destination.

Back