First Service Advise?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danrjones

I have my first service for my 2018 leaf (purchased in May of 2019 new) coming up in about a week and a half.

Its a bit of a drive and I'd like to get everything it needs done at once. They were aware of one recall, for the plates. I'm going to check to make sure they have ordered those parts later this week. The service itself consists of a paid tire rotation and a free inspection, and that's it. I don't even think they check the battery at the 6 month service. $19.95 I think was the entire quote. I could do the tires myself but since it needs the warranty work, its not worth it, and it gets my a service record. I do have some paint chipping where two body panels meet / seem to rub near the rear fender, and I have asked for that to get fixed under warranty.

Anything else? I only remember that one recall. Head unit updates? What about the rapid gate fix? I asked and they told me they would "note" in the file my compliant about charging. That doesn't sound like they plan to update the BMS. I really doubt they did anything to the car in the year it sat around at the dealer.

danrjones said:
Nobody has had their leaf serviced?
Honestly I haven't :)
Other than a few quality control warranty issues early on, I bet I haven't had my Leaf in for service for 4 years :eek:
I do tire rotation myself and should really get it in for a couple recalls but it's part of the beauty of EVs, very little servicing required, which is also why I believe dealers don't really want to sell EVs.......
I know some people like to have the cabin filter changed periodically but I've never done it in over 5 years although I don't live on a gravel road or live in a particularly dusty, smoggy area. If the brakes start squeaking/squealing I'd have those looked at ASAP but as I like to use regen whenever possible I believe the brakes should last for years.
Others may do more to their Leaf but I like to keep it simple.

Last month I had the 1-yr service check...$19.95 for tire rotation and a recall for battery clips install (something like that). I picked the car up after the service department had closed and got no other information. A nearby neighbor with an older Leaf doesn't think much of the service department.

I would have expected at the one year mark a battery report as part of the inspection. The service manual says its required for the warranty.

Bouldergramp said:
Last month I had the 1-yr service check...$19.95 for tire rotation and a recall for battery clips install (something like that). I picked the car up after the service department had closed and got no other information. A nearby neighbor with an older Leaf doesn't think much of the service department.

I made an appointment for today for the first free yearly battery check since it wasn't performed during the 1-yr service check...12 bars at 5142 miles and they washed the car.

As for the charge-speed issue perhaps someone can advise whether or not there is a TSB for the firmware update? If so then you should bring that with you to show them. "We'll make a note" doesn't sound very commital.

I paid about $25 to have tires swapped. I complained about the Pro Pilot radar unit, but since no codes were thrown they didn't replace it. This was before the battery plate recall, so that will be done in the Spring. I also had the cabin filter replaced with a Fresh Breeze charcoal filter. No charge for the labor.

FWIW, I replaced my cabin air filter at about 10K miles. I posted about this on another thread.
I live north of NYC, found that the filter I pulled out of the car was in great condition and probably did not need changing. I put the new one in but will probably not do it again during my 3 year lease.

Back