Why would anyone buy a nissan leaf right now???

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
valem said:
cwerdna said:
valem said:
If you drive everyday that is 68.5mi /day.... still a lot for this car. well, I have the 24kW you have the 30kW
You mean 24 kWh and 30 kWh?

Hey, check this out!
At 5m:55s Calvin Kim, the product spokesperson for the Porsche Taycan, said it has a 93 kW lithium ion battery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzkdrdwQvls

;)

No surprise here. He attended the same EV classes the salesmen attend.

Already said this probably more than once in this thread but its all about price.

Yesterday, an S Plus was delivered (Dealer was a "ways" away from the home of the new owner and owner did not take car home because he had driven his 40 kwh LEAF to the dealership) that included the lighted emblem which is actually much cooler than I was expecting.

$34,000. Not too bad since first $25,000 of purchase price is sales tax free (about $2500 worth of bennies)

DougWantsALeaf said:
Another raft of reviews came out for the Plus. Here is a more entertaining one.

https://youtu.be/-CKWnkTxLFo

I actually watched the entire video. That is a nice car.

Budget I agree is the major factor. We just picked up the 2016 Leaf SL and never looked at any new option due to budget. Had decided to go with a 2015 but at the very last minute went and looked at a 2016 and bought it from a Nissan dealer instead off Craigslist as planned. I wanted to stay under $10K but was not finding SL's that I liked. A local used car dealer suggested I look on the web and pay over $10K and got the 2016 SL for $13.5K. The 2015 SL was priced at $12.5K with more miles from a private seller. This is the 6th Nissan purchase and only one was new and out the door price was $2150 in 1973 but pay was about $2.50 an hour at the time.

So far I am happy and most think it is new. This is the first Nissan without a gas tank that most have ever seen. One guy even tried to find the gas lid because he did not believe me. :) I did show him the charging ports.

Deep Blue Pearl was a new color for 2016 so that sets it apart from earlier years. I think this is the first used car in the past 50 years was actually my preferred color. Buying used I try to go with the car that may offer the best value even if the color and interior are not dead on with my wish list.

countryleaf said:
Congratulations!! Sounds like you got a nice car. How many miles are on it?

Thanks. It is the nicest but most expensive vehicle we have ever owned since we normally buy at the 6-10 year/100K mile plus point.

It had about $21.5K miles on it the 15th of Oct and now is over 24K miles.

I will add that LEAFs are still a relative bargain in the EV arena. My recent foray; 2019 S E Plus with all weather; MSRP $38,200. Leased. Cash price (if paid before first payment is due) under $26,000. That isn't happening. But even with expected finance charges, fees, etc. It comes in at $30,000. Not too bad when we start calculating fuel costs.

I have 3 more months of NCTC so will not charge at home until that expires. I have several free level 2's in my town including one located in a place I visit regularly (the movie theater) so even after I start using my 8.4/ 9.2 cents/kwh juice, the cost will still very "compelling" ;)

But I road trip and lack of free DCFC won't change that but at least it will be cheaper than previous LEAFs. Capping out at 73.8 kw is rather awesome! :D

Why would anyone buy a leaf? Because it is a functional, reliable car with nice features for a pretty good price. I wouldn't pay MSRP but I don't think many do.

My 3 year lease on a 2018 SV fully loaded with tech and all weather packages will cost me about $10500 no money down with 15,000 miles a year. If I want to buy it at the end I can do so for $13.4k (or less if they negotiate) so my all in would be less than $24k OTD.

DougWantsALeaf said:
Signs of trouble, the Leaf has fallen to #2 in Chile

https://www.latercera.com/mtonline/noticia/hyunda-ioniq-leaf-chile/934951/

A country that added a total of 288 new EV's in the last 11 months does not show signs of trouble or success most anyone can tell even if some of us has to let Goggle translate the article for us. :)

Back