Hawaii Leafs

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kingwindwardnissan said:
akohekohe

I just got in your details of your vehicle. No Vin yet and not ETA confirmation, but your vehicle should be built this month!!!

Will this be the first Hawaii arrival? Will there be a party? Anyone on Oahu interested in seeing a Clipper Creek EVCS I just hung one on the side of my house.

akohekohe said:
Well I got the AV EVSE installed today and I filed for my $500 rebate from the state of Hawaii.
Today I got a letter from the EV Ready Program office saying that my $500 rebate was approved and that the rebate check will be "processed as soon as possible." I sent in my application using the building application permit number and that was not a problem.

kingwindwardnissan said:
hey...if anyone wants to check out how the AV charger looks like, we actually have 2 chargers installed in front of our dealership.....

and for the linda lingle question, she does have one coming in, but unsure on timeframe

Thanks... already have one installed 12/17/2010, passed electrical inspection today. What I am more interested in is if you have your demo model in yet. I will be receiving mine in March 2011 (indicated by today's email). Just wondering if the dealer demo is coming in ahead of mine so I can at least take a quick look. Thanks

drerio said:
Thanks... already have one installed 12/17/2010, passed electrical inspection today. What I am more interested in is if you have your demo model in yet. I will be receiving mine in March 2011 (indicated by today's email). Just wondering if the dealer demo is coming in ahead of mine so I can at least take a quick look. Thanks

Mine was installed 12/17/2010 and inspected today as well. My dashboard still says February but no exact date. We will see.

kingwindwardnissan said:
wow..its feb 1st and still no vehicle details for akohekohe.......WTF Nissan. And I like how they managed to get a Leaf here by 1/31, when the first scheduled one was to arrive in Feb!!!! Bastards...lol. I really hope your Leaf arrives here on the 10th like it's supposed to. But knowing Nissan, it will be here the next Japan boat because they launched the Leaf already and no care. :x

Whoa! Patience kingwind...I ordered late Sept., and I'm still 'Pending' and am in one of the five initial states...then they added TX and HI.

They have now updated my dashboard and say I can expect delivery "the week of February 24th." This is sort of funny considering that the 24th is a Thursday. I mean who every says the week of using a Thursday date? So I can now access the pre-purchase checklist and all of that ... so it looks like I'm closer ...

I got the LEAF today. If you see a red LEAF on Oahu roads that is me (or my wife). Took it over the Likelike out to Kaimuki and back. Once we get a few more on the island we can have a rally :)

dpodoll said:
Curious what is unique about an "EV Plate".

It says electric vehicle. You need to have these to get the free parking and to use the HOV lanes with just one person.

plate.jpg

I like that more than two stickers, one for HOV and one for Parking. But, in CA we would quickly run out of numbers.

Maybe an "EV" prefix ...?
But many like their 7-character personalized plates.

In any case, ONE sticker would seem sufficient ... perhaps just
an orange (or green-colored) "month" sticker for the license plate?

Free Parking at University of Hawaii Zone 20. Well, the University which originally denied that they were required to provide free parking now admits they are obligated to do so. They have not however formulated a final policy but in the mean time are allowing electric vehicles to park for free in Zone 20 (by the Stan Sheriff center). So, if you are attending sporting events at the center bring your EV and you can park for free. I've told them that they also have to provide free parking on the Upper Campus lots but they haven't done that yet. I'll keep you posted on the status.

Back