nissan connect

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanDietrich

I have never been able to get the stupid app to work for my 2014. I had the telematics upgrade done a few years ago and never really got it working after that. Today I trudged through the Nissan crap to reset my passwords and went out to the car and typed it all in. I hit the send button, it said it was sending, and then it failed. Over and over again. And the memories returned. This is what has happened pretty much every time I haved tried to use this feature. I really don't want to go back to the dealer because they dont have much interest in the Leaf, and have only one guy who deals with them. Is there something I'm missing? Every time I try to deal with ths stuff I feel like I own a Yugo.

DanDietrich said:
I had the telematics upgrade

So there should be a 3G modem in the car. However, there were several different ones, and the dealership I went to put three different modems in before one worked. After that, it has been normal: fairly slow, cell phone doesn't cover some local places... But mostly usable.

Damn, I have to stop answering posts when I first get up. I missed the upgrade part. As WetEV said, the upgrade doesn't always work. It's been a real source of irritation and anger.

Sometimes when the app doesn't connect to the car, I still have to reset the modem by removing the 20 amp fuse for a couple of seconds then reinstalling.

Back