Wife just lost 1st cap. bar on her 2012 Leaf S.V. "Lizard Pack"

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evas2012leaf

I have a sad wife. A couple of days ago her capacity meter dropped the first bar. I had been expecting this to happen at anytime and I assured her that she had not done anything wrong! She got just a little over 52, 800 miles on that first bar and I'm pretty happy with that. It will be interesting to see how many miles she gets from the next bar!

I don't know where you're located (you can fill in your profile), but I think that losing one bar after over 50,000 miles is pretty good for a LEAF battery...

Randy said:
I don't know where you're located (you can fill in your profile), but I think that losing one bar after over 50,000 miles is pretty good for a LEAF battery...
We are located in Southern middle Tennessee Temps here pretty mild with the occasional cold snap (have seen it -5) and we do have some heat in the summer but not as bad as other areas

jlv said:
It's pretty impressive that your 2012 has 112800 miles on it!

Actually, the 2012 my wife is driving has 33,000 miles on it. I bought her another 2012 s.v. several years ago and that car had had a battery swap under warranty. The first owner then went out and wrecked the car right after the swap and it was totaled. We bought the car after it had been repaired and then drove that one till it had almost 110,000 miles on it My wife put just at 50,000 miles on it. I found another 2012 s.v which was identical to my wife's but only had 29,000 miles on (and an 8 bar battery) it and looked and drove like new. I bought it and had Nissan swap the batteries in the two cars. So the battery has about 54,000 miles on it.

Can we get this merged into https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=24532? If everyone started a thread for when they lost a capacity bar, things would get out of hand.

Back