TSLA corporate outlook

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WetEV said:
If not, not. Tesla will become the new Willys-Overland. Or worse.
Jeeps still have fans. And the Jeep Wagon was the first SUV...Seen any SUVs lately?
Did you mistype Wagon and meant Wrangler? Jeep Wrangler (especially Rubicon edition) is not SUV - it is All Terrain Vehicle (ATV). SUV is no match to ATV even by a long stretch of imagination. I am looking forward to re-build 2015+ Jeep Wrangler Rubicon! Stock 2006 Rubicon with 80K miles is selling for $15.6K by local dealer. Great cars, just a bit pricey to buy in retail.

China's CATL signs battery supply agreement with Tesla
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tesla-catl-battery-electric/chinas-catl-signs-battery-supply-agreement-with-tesla-idUSKBN1ZX02D

cwerdna said:
China's CATL signs battery supply agreement with Tesla
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tesla-catl-battery-electric/chinas-catl-signs-battery-supply-agreement-with-tesla-idUSKBN1ZX02D

Maybe Tesla plans to have their battery on line by the 2022 date. It seems to be in Tesla's favor as volume is not controlled by the wording of the agree it seems. It was stated when the factory opened that they could build 3000 cars a week but only had batteries needed to built 1000 cars.

EVDRIVER said:
Musk is overly optimistic but has delivered or exceeded every promise eventually.
This is an inaccurate statement until he actually delivers everything he's ever said he'd deliver. There are many things he's promised that he has never delivered.
EVDRIVER said:
I wonder how many people on this thread own Tesla shares and have done very with it and how many have none. I can guess who might and might not pretty well based on the comments and misinformation. It's a pretty easy stock to follow and there are plenty of indicators and issues to watch. People that paid attention (not just expected it to go up) could have made enough to buy a M3 and actually see why the company is doing well and not have to worry about crappy charge networks and range issues.
I almost bought some in 2017 at $330 or so. Over the following year I lost faith in Tesla, primarily Musk. I just don't trust him. I don't like him. He's a liar (I don't call it optimism--he is a liar) and not a pleasant person, either. I simply didn't want to own shares in his company.

$675 pre market today.

EatsShootsandLeafs said:
EVDRIVER said:
Musk is overly optimistic but has delivered or exceeded every promise eventually.
This is an inaccurate statement until he actually delivers everything he's ever said he'd deliver. There are many things he's promised that he has never delivered.
EVDRIVER said:
I wonder how many people on this thread own Tesla shares and have done very with it and how many have none. I can guess who might and might not pretty well based on the comments and misinformation. It's a pretty easy stock to follow and there are plenty of indicators and issues to watch. People that paid attention (not just expected it to go up) could have made enough to buy a M3 and actually see why the company is doing well and not have to worry about crappy charge networks and range issues.
I almost bought some in 2017 at $330 or so. Over the following year I lost faith in Tesla, primarily Musk. I just don't trust him. I don't like him. He's a liar (I don't call it optimism--he is a liar) and not a pleasant person, either. I simply didn't want to own shares in his company.

$675 pre market today.

I have always heard mixing emotions and investments could be costly. You may want to read Ashlee Vance's 2015 book on Elon Musk or at least read the Amazon reviews. I have not met Musk face to face like you must have done to be able to publicly call him a LIAR.

I bought shares about a year and a half ago after watching the stock for a long time. I thought it was too speculative for me for a very long time, but once they started producing the model 3 at volume I personally thought they would be able to sustain long term success and the stock became somewhat of a no-brainer to own. I say "somewhat" because it is still overvalued, but it probably will be for a very long time. They have a very solid runway for the next several years, so I would recommend to buy on every dip at this point. I wish I had bought when they fell all the way back down below $200, but they did have some very serious liquidity concerns. They're really cooking with gas at this point though. I definitely recognize the criticisms, though. It's very difficult to properly value the stock, but it's a fun thought exercise to try.

I do not own a Tesla vehicle. I own a used Nissan Leaf, hence my membership to this forum. I'm too cheap to ever buy a new car. My next vehicle will hopefully be a used model 3 in about 4 or 5 years.

GaleHawkins said:
I have not met Musk face to face like you must have done to be able to publicly call him a LIAR.
Why?

I can't imagine for a moment why somebody needs to have met somebody in person to call them a liar. Doesn't make sense at all. Are you able to expound on this belief?

EatsShootsandLeafs said:
GaleHawkins said:
I have not met Musk face to face like you must have done to be able to publicly call him a LIAR.
Why?

I can't imagine for a moment why somebody needs to have met somebody in person to call them a liar. Doesn't make sense at all. Are you able to expound on this belief?

Technically, you have to know someone's intent to deceive to call them a "liar". I think Musk believes all of his predictions, and aside from the going private tweet, they have been substantially accurate, just not on time.

webb14leafs said:
EatsShootsandLeafs said:
GaleHawkins said:
Why?

Technically, you have to know someone's intent to deceive to call them a "liar". I think Musk believes all of his predictions, and aside from the going private tweet, they have been substantially accurate, just not on time.
I agree intent is a critical part of a lie.

As for Musk's predictions, he has made so many that have been so wildly, shockingly wrong that he's either a liar or a fool. We can probably all agree he's not a fool.

EatsShootsandLeafs said:
As for Musk's predictions, he has made so many that have been so wildly, shockingly wrong that he's either a liar or a fool. We can probably all agree he's not a fool.
Musk posted this last week.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1222597315023654912
A friend just sent me this excerpt from a Tesla blog I wrote 14 years ago
EPeJxx_UUAMJQJP
I'm sure we can agree the Model S is not an affordable car. At least the Model 3 is more affordable than the S. But they do seem to be chugging away working against this plan.

jlv said:
EatsShootsandLeafs said:
Musk posted this last week.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1222597315023654912
A friend just sent me this excerpt from a Tesla blog I wrote 14 years ago
EPeJxx_UUAMJQJP
I'm sure we can agree the Model S is not an affordable car. At least the Model 3 is more affordable than the S. But they do seem to be chugging away working against this plan.
He's said literally dozens of things that were patently untrue. And when somebody time-constrains something and it doesn't happen, it means they were wrong, quite simply.

Many things when he's said them are so preposterous as to be clearly untrue and impossible, and roundly mocked the day the statements are made. Last year was probably the peak of this. Will be interesting to see how 2020 pans out.

EatsShootsandLeafs said:
Many things when he's said them are so preposterous as to be clearly untrue and impossible, and roundly mocked the day the statements are made. Last year was probably the peak of this. Will be interesting to see how 2020 pans out.

Hate to poke the bear, but can you be more specific? Not meeting planned milestones doesn't make someone a liar. He's also not the only CEO to do this. He just gets more attention for it.

The guy takes moon-shots for a living. He has accomplished things everyone said were impossible. If some of his ideas end up being truly impossible, should we complain about his personal belief that he could achieve it?

Back