TSLA corporate outlook

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeftieBiker said:
Starship...?
SpaceX: https://www.spacex.com/starship
Starship is intended to be 100% reusable super-heavy-lift spacecraft system.

There are prototypes under construction. Lots of cool pictures and discussion here: https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?board=72.0

An initial test flight is coming "soon":
https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/4/21122220/spacex-starship-rocket-20-kilometer-test-flight-boca-chica-texas

jlv said:
EatsShootsandLeafs said:
(apparently 12,000 people on robinhood bought tsla for first time yesterday).
Sadly, those people might learn the hard way the answer to "How do you make a small fortune in the stock market?".
(spoiler: start with a large fortune)
I like it. It's like how do you become a millionaire in Formula 1? Start as a billionaire.

The stock closed at $900+ today. I want to short it but the volatility is so massive that buying puts are outrageously expensive. The whole thing is just like a room full of people shooting each other in a circle. Good on anybody who has turned $5k into $100k as I'm sure reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets is full of right now.

jlv said:
WetEV said:
Mars or fossil fuel reduction? Pick one.
These are not mutually exclusive. To suggest so is silly.

Besides, once we get to Mars, there is no fossil fuel.
I think those not seeing the bigger picture may be missing that Tesla Energy would be a front runner for producing that rocket fuel, from renewable energy of course.

iPlug said:
I think those not seeing the bigger picture may be missing that Tesla Energy would be a front runner for producing that rocket fuel, from renewable energy of course.
Renewable energy will be replacing fossil energy over decades. Any diverted to make rocket fuel here, or worse on Mars, will slow this process. First launch to Mars Musk has announced will be in 2022. That takes a huge blunt to believe.

WetEV said:
iPlug said:
Renewable energy will be replacing fossil energy over decades. Any diverted to make rocket fuel here, or worse on Mars, will slow this process. First launch to Mars Musk has announced will be in 2022. That takes a huge blunt to believe.
The replacement has already started in earnest, hence BEV forums such as this.

There would be no diversion, but displacement. Solar PV continues to grow rapidly and there will be many times a year, in just the next few years, where solar PV generation would be curtailed if no where to park (battery) or use those electrons (electrolysis/H2 tech now and synthetic fuels down the road).

EatsShootsandLeafs said:
I find it really unbelievable some of you think he is not just an abject liar. Robotaxi fleet 1M cars in 2020, teslas that supposedly appreciate multiple times over their life. These are not moon shots. They are just lies. And are roundly mocked when stated, so it's not like anybody (including musk) believes them when he says them.
OK and I find it odd that anyone would really take these statements as facts rather than just a figure of speech.

smkettner said:
EatsShootsandLeafs said:
I find it really unbelievable some of you think he is not just an abject liar. Robotaxi fleet 1M cars in 2020, teslas that supposedly appreciate multiple times over their life. These are not moon shots. They are just lies. And are roundly mocked when stated, so it's not like anybody (including musk) believes them when he says them.
OK and I find it odd that anyone would really take these statements as facts rather than just a figure of speech.

It may have something to do with our having another chronic, grandiose exaggerator in high office. Musk had better avoid figures of speech like "biggest in history" and "never before in the history of this country."

webb14leafs said:
DougWantsALeaf said:
I give him huge props for trying in a “in my lifetime” timespan to get to Mars. NASA lost its way.

If by "way" you mean "funding", you are correct.
NASA has not lost it's funding. It's just being directed by congress to support boondoggle projects such as SLS.

jlv said:
webb14leafs said:
DougWantsALeaf said:
I give him huge props for trying in a “in my lifetime” timespan to get to Mars. NASA lost its way.

If by "way" you mean "funding", you are correct.
NASA has not lost it's funding. It's just being directed by congress to support boondoggle projects such as SLS.

That would depend on your point of reference.
2880px-NASA-Budget-Federal.svg.png

smkettner said:
EatsShootsandLeafs said:
I agree. I do not take musk's statements as fact anymore.

TSLA is down 165 to 722 today.

Sound and fury, signifying ... nothing. Long term bull case is still active. As is the long term bear case. Probably just a reaction to recent price spike, not news or any real change.

Back