Electrify America Network

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One site is open, #1 for the month and #399 total: Tracy, CA (I-205 ex. 6).

This site is mainly useful for people driving between the S.F. Bay Area and points east (Yosemite etc.), although it's too close to the Bay Area to be much use outbound. It will also serve as a somewhat off-route backup for Patterson and later Stockton, for people driving I-5 N-S.

The Murphy Canyon Walmart in San Diego finally has the EA Chademo connector hooked up. It's going to be awkward for a Leaf to use since the charging station is positioned half way down the the parking space on the passenger side and the cables are short. It's a CCS/Chademo combo station. I'm not sure who they expect to use it.

johnlocke said:
The Murphy Canyon Walmart in San Diego finally has the EA Chademo connector hooked up. It's going to be awkward for a Leaf to use since the charging station is positioned half way down the the parking space on the passenger side and the cables are short. It's a CCS/Chademo combo station. I'm not sure who they expect to use it.

They don't expect anyone to use it and CARB doesn't care. Official policy is that CHAdeMO is not being built today. Yes, I know, don't shoot me, that's what they told me.

Paul

As we've recently hit 400 open sites (now 401) and most of the remaining "Coming Soon" sites are urban, from now on I'm inclined to only list those sites that expand coverage or provide a useful boost to density on national or regional routes. I'll still list totals at the end of each month, but continuing to list every site in major metro areas that're only a couple of miles from another strikes me as unnecessary. People who want to use such sites regularly can find them for themselves.

WetEV, EA's "Coming Soon" site totals bounce around a bit - when they were at 400 they showed 77 "Coming Soon" , but at 401 they now show 74, so they must have removed a couple including the one on Bryant St.

johnlocke said:

Same awkward set up at Walmart in Paducah KY. I just line up so the cable fits best. Due to my physical limitations from arthritis it is a painful but doable connection. Getting the connection made feels like I am bending a large steel rod. It works fine however. Not sure I am going to DC charge the new 40 or not. I used it a few times on the dying 30 kWh battery just so I could get back home.

Three sites are open: two Hwy in Tulare, CA (S.R. 99 ex. 88, 3/1/0); Santa Clarita, CA. (Jct. I-5, ex. 172/S.R. 126, 5/1/0). Also 1 urban site in Belmont, CA.

Tulare provides access to Sequoia N.P from the south, as well as travel along 99; it's 66 miles south to the EA site in Bakersfield on 99, and just 31 to the site in Selma to the north, with a couple of Fresno urban sites and the Madera Hwy one in reach beyond that; Turlock is a bit far (127 miles) but doable in most conditions.

Santa Clarita's exit is two miles north of Magic Mountain Parkway, and it's 76 miles to either of the two EA sites in Bakersfield.

Although listed as open, Belmont is currently showing on the map as being in the LA area instead of the Bay Area, which may be why I couldn't find it :? I've sent them an email.

Two sites are open, a Hwy site in Eureka, CA (U.S. 101, 3/1/0) and an urban site in San Jose (S.R. 85).

The Eureka site extends 101 south from Crescent City (88 miles from Eureka) , but still needs the sites in Garberville (73 miles) and/or Willits (133 miles) to open to make 101 practical all the way south to Santa Rosa (214 miles).

If I haven't miscounted, there are now 100 open EA sites in California. Also, although it took two emails to get them to fix it, the
Belmont site is now shown in its correct position on the map, instead of ~350 miles to the SSE in La Habra.

Back