Nissan Leaf & e-NV200 Battery Cells

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magnussg

Hello fellow Nissan enthusiasts.

I am working on a second use battery storage made from batteries from Nissan Leaf & e-NV200 electric vehicles.

I am contacting the forum regarding information about these batteries, for example specific data sheets regarding the li-ion batteries (with varying rated capacities, hoping that by reaching out to you guys, I could get some specific information about the battery cells (e.g. rated capacity, nominal voltage and discharge power at standard conditions, as well as energy, specific chemistry, weight and dimensions of the cells). This would allow me to better design the storage system and program the battery management system accordingly.

I really thank you, and really appreciate all the information provided.

(If you happen to know specifics about battery cells used in other EVs that would also be highly appreciated)

Kind regards,
Magnus

I'd check the Engineering sub-forum. The contacts you need can be found there, and maybe even the information although I'm not sure about that.

magnussg said:
Hello fellow Nissan enthusiasts.

I am working on a second use battery storage made from batteries from Nissan Leaf & e-NV200 electric vehicles.

I am contacting the forum regarding information about these batteries, for example specific data sheets regarding the li-ion batteries (with varying rated capacities, hoping that by reaching out to you guys, I could get some specific information about the battery cells (e.g. rated capacity, nominal voltage and discharge power at standard conditions, as well as energy, specific chemistry, weight and dimensions of the cells). This would allow me to better design the storage system and program the battery management system accordingly.

I really thank you, and really appreciate all the information provided.

(If you happen to know specifics about battery cells used in other EVs that would also be highly appreciated)

Kind regards,
Magnus

I read an article how Nissan EV batteries were used a storage system in Europe. Are you working to store wind and or solar power? Keep us posted. It would be nice to be able to charge the Leaf off of solar power but I am sure it is a lot of work and money. Best of success.

https://insideevs.com/news/356320/nissan-leaf-batteries-power-soccer-stadiums/

GaleHawkins said:
Hiroto Saikawa, who served as Nissan’s chief executive for less than three years, stepped down in September. He said that price cuts and big sales targets tarnished the Leaf’s image. “What really destroyed Leaf’s product value was when we vastly cut the lease price for Leaf in the US. Since then, Leaf’s image is that of a discount car,” Mr. Saikawa said.

If Nissan states that it destroyed the Leaf's product value who is going to refute that fact?

Well, I will. He has reversed cause and effect. The price cuts were only necessary because the value of the car was already in doubt because of the unsuitable battery of the first few years. Resale prices don't lie.

Nubo said:
GaleHawkins said:
Hiroto Saikawa, who served as Nissan’s chief executive for less than three years, stepped down in September. He said that price cuts and big sales targets tarnished the Leaf’s image. “What really destroyed Leaf’s product value was when we vastly cut the lease price for Leaf in the US. Since then, Leaf’s image is that of a discount car,” Mr. Saikawa said.

If Nissan states that it destroyed the Leaf's product value who is going to refute that fact?

Well, I will. He has reversed cause and effect. The price cuts were only necessary because the value of the car was already in doubt because of the unsuitable battery of the first few years. Resale prices don't lie.

Moved to its own tread since it is about the Leaf being before its time.

https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=30922&p=579173#p579173

Is the Leaf really a car before its time?

Back