Nissan Connect app alternative?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calliope

I find the Nissan Connect app pretty unhelpful for my 2019 Leaf - it's very unreliable and seemingly only works when it wants to. I had been using the EVA Leaf app very happily until Nissan changed the API (whatever that is) and it no longer worked. I know there was a security reason, but it still leaves me without a remote reading of my battery charge (which is what I primarily wanted.....the stats are interesting, but the battery charge is necessary).

I could go full-info and get the LeafSpy Pro app and leave the OBD II always plugged in, but it seems like using a sledgehammer to crack a walnut. Then again, the information on LeafSpy Pro might be a good thing anyway.

Suggestions? Opinions?

I tried one of the apps that used to work and had the same failure. It seems that Nissan's servers now won't allow 3rd party app access. The workaround that I used was to go to Nissan's website via the app version of Firefox, and access the climate control that way. It takes longer and is a PITA, but it works. OTOH, the Nissan app started working fine for me about a two weeks ago. Have you tried it again lately? It even opens already at the climate control page, now.

After several chargers of one certain company (EnBW in Germany) stopped the Leaf while charging, causing serious problems for me urgently seeking for reliable chargers (several times, unexpectedly having a nearly empty car after returning to it hours later) I started creating an app for detecting charging aborts and such. Well the app grew... ;)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chk.lcc

Some additional information on https://android.chk.digital/lcc/

If you have any suggestions on improving, please tell me. My apps live by your ideas.

An updated version will be available in a few hours, I just uploaded it, offering timed climate control (including schedules).

(of course, the app is only as good as the Nissan API is).

Sorry, no. It's a hobby and I create these apps as I need them - and Apple is an unknown universe for me. It would more than duplicate the effort.

Back