I'm done - they can have the car back.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oilpan4 said:
New Mexico is the 6th least population dense state.
So there's not nearly as many people as inmost of the US.

So? According to you, there are too many deer. Apply the same logic to driving at high speed through a school zone or residential neighborhood. Is the problem that "there are too many children", or that you're driving too fast to react in time and avoid an accident? It's a question of perspective (and separate from the question of what's altering predator/prey numbers).

Yes there are too many deer.
I shoot coyotes on site. But coyotes don't mess with mule deer a whole lot unless they are dead or near death.

Oilpan4 said:
I shoot coyotes on site. But coyotes don't mess with mule deer a whole lot unless they are dead or near death.

Please provide your parameters for determining that there are too many deer, and show how this is an objective judgement, rather than a subjective one based on your own values.

Oilpan4 said:

Do you shoot coyotes off site as well? A sight is also usually needed.

They're on my land so I decide when there's to many.
Actually the state decides. They have decided that there's enough deer to give someone with as much land as I have more deer tags than they could possibly ever use, every year.
But they're perfectly safe, I haven't shot a deer in 20 years.
But coyotes, I shot one last weekend probably shoot a few more this weekend.
Turns out the leaf is a great hunting vehicle, almost no sound and no exhaust or hot engine smells. Pair it with a 22 with a silencer it's silent and deadly.

My bad for not running up a huge student debt to get a generally useless English degree.

Oilpan4 said:
They're on my land so I decide when there's to many.
Actually the state decides. They have decided that there's enough deer to give someone with as much land as I have more deer tags than they could possibly ever use, every year. <snip>

Why is it your land, and not their (the deer's) land? Why is your or the state's judgement more valuable than theirs? See what I mean about perspective, and objective rather than subjective judgements?

I pay the taxes on it.
If the deer started handing me money every year and were capable of negotiating with a monkey I'm sure we could reach a mutually beneficial agreement.

Oh Boy, Here we go again....

I Let's not get into a hunting ethics argument.

I think that hunting for a purpose is ok

I am not sure about disposing of them just because you think it is necessary.

Animals have a right to live in and populate an environment that is fertile enough to support them and that they can flourish. Rather than try to get rid of them, you should feel lucky you live in a blessed area where you can live with all these neighbors.

PS - I live in a city suburb and feel blessed that Bunnies are living in my flower beds. I say hello to them every morning when I walk to my Leaf to go to work. That is a blessing and i feel sad for people live in concrete areas that don't even have trees..

The land is paid off. I made sure to keep the land separate from the house and the little patch of fenced in land the house is on. The land was about like a new car loan with 3% interest, paid it off in a few years.

Oh no, lets do it. I look forward to calling out all the virtue signaling fake environmentalists on here for their inaction and bs.

I actually like the deer I put clean water out for them and no hunting signs. Even though in new Mexico you're supposed to have written permission from a land owner to hunt on private lands. Some people seem to have not noticed that part in the rule book.

I like bunny's too. I have a family of big fat cotton tails near my house. Lots of skinny jack rabbits around too, don't care for them much. They look kinda sicky, may have TB going around again.

Oilpan4 said:
I pay the taxes on it.
If the deer started handing me money every year and were capable of negotiating with a monkey I'm sure we could reach a mutually beneficial agreement.

As WetEV noted, shouldn't you have paid the deer for the land, in 'currency' they value, after first negotiating and agreeing on the price with them, witht hem having the right to refuse to sell? After all, their family's been in residence a lot longer than you; you're just a tenant.

I imagine they think (to the extent they do so) that there's too many humans with guns and cars. Please explain why your perspective is more objective and should override theirs.

Me and the deer are good. I provide things they can't. Plant fruit trees, when it didn't rain for almost 9 months I had water out for them, alfalfa, I slaughter their only 4 legged foe, put up no hunting signs, ect.

So what's stopping all the people who say they care about the animals so much from buying land, paying taxes on it and making it an animal sanctuary?

I think some people are mad because all they have done and all they can ever do is virtue signal and they know it, while people they revile (like me) do more for wild life then they ever will.

Oilpan4 said:
Me and the deer are good. I provide things they can't. Plant fruit trees, when it didn't rain for almost 9 months I had water out for them, alfalfa, I slaughter their only 4 legged foe, put up no hunting signs, ect.

So what's stopping all the people who say they care about the animals so much from buying land, paying taxes on it and making it an animal sanctuary?

I think some people are mad because all they have done and all they can ever do is virtue signal and they know it, while people they revile (like me) do more for wild life then they ever will.

Oilpan.. I know you are cool. I have read your posts. I am not an animal rights liberal.

I just do not agree with so many people, especially on Youtube that see any moving animal as a fun target to shoot. I don't like that the rabbits eat some of my lettuce and tomatoes in the summer, but I don't feel I want to kill them for it.

Let's all move onto another .... EV topic.

BuddyRayAtl said:
Just an update. The Nissan employee who "negotiated" my buyback could not have been nicer or more professional. I'm pretty much getting all my money back, including tax, dealer prep, shipping, etc. Didn't even have to get ugly, they offered a buyback before I asked for it.

And yea - after looking at my options again - I'm buying another Leaf Plus.
Most EV's are too expensive.
Bolt is just too small.
Model 3 only comes in Black or stark white interior and the wife just said "no!" Tesla really needs to get out of the Model T mentality ("You can have any color you want as long as it's black" Henry Ford).

So, Leaf it is. Hopefully we won't hit a deer with this one and Nissan will learn to service them before I have another problem.
Of course, the closest Leaf to Georgia that matched my color and equipment options was in Mass. So I'm waiting for them to truck it down here. There were only 2 in the entire country (Mass and AZ) that matched what I wanted - Nissan really needs to build more of these things in fun colors.

My guess is if you got a model 3 you would not regret it. Have you looked at the white interior it's very nice. How many interior colors do most car makers offer really? Have you done a test drive?

Back