GRA

Re: Government subsidies/perks/mandates for EVs

Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:53 pm

GCC:
NYC Mayor orders all-electric fleet by 2040 and end to expansion of fossil-fuel-related infrastructure
https://www.greencarcongress.com/2020/0 ... 0-nyc.html

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio last week issued an executive order specifying the attainment of an all-electric “carbon-neutral” fleet by the year 2040. New York City operates more than 30,000 owned and leased vehicles (on-road and off-road), the largest municipal fleet in the United States.

Under the executive order, New York’s Department of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS) and NYC Fleet are to issue and implement a Clean Fleet Transition Plan, updating it every two years. The CFTP will outline alternative fuel, fuel efficiency and electrification for all City fleet units by type.

As part of the plan, the City will report on electrification and charging options for each class of fleet vehicle. The first CFTP aimed at both city-owned and private-operated fleets will be published by 1 January 2021.

The Mayor also issued another executive order ending support for the addition of infrastructure within the city’s energy shed that expands the supply of fossil fuels via pipelines or terminals for the transfer of fossil fuels or via the construction of new fossil-fuel-based electric generation capacity.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:55 pm

It looks like a great idea, but it doesn't do much immediately, and it relies on the next NYC Mayor having the same goals.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

GRA

Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:00 pm

ABG:
Singapore aims to phase out internal combustion vehicles by 2040
'As a low-lying island nation, rising sea levels threatens our very existence'
https://www.autoblog.com/2020/02/18/sin ... esel-2040/

. . . The wealthy city-state of 5.7 million, which is hiking investment in flood defenses, joins Norway, Britain and others in setting a target to cut the use of vehicles with combustion engines.

"Our vision is to phase out ICE (internal combustion engine) vehicles and have all vehicles run on cleaner energy by 2040," Finance Minister Heng Swee Keat said in his budget speech.

Singapore, which has been criticized by Tesla CEO Elon Musk as not being supportive of electric vehicles, is one of the most expensive places in the world to buy a car and there are few electric vehicles on the roads.

In Tuesday's budget, Heng said measures to encourage electric vehicle adoption included a registration fee rebate on purchases of fully electric car and taxis.

The country, an oil-refining hub, will also expand public charging infrastructure to 28,000 points by 2030 from 1,600 now.

"As a low-lying island nation, rising sea levels threatens our very existence," Heng said, adding that he was setting aside a coastal and flood protection fund with an initial injection of S$5 billion ($3.6 billion).

Last year, the prime minister said protecting Singapore against rising sea levels could cost S$100 billion ($72 billion) or more over 100 years.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

GRA

Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:11 pm

GCC:
Washington state legislature passes ZEV mandate; expands to medium-duty vehicles
https://www.greencarcongress.com/2020/0 ... onzev.html

Both houses of the Washington state legislature have passed SB 5811, the ZEV mandate bill. Governor Inslee says he will sign it. This will result in the entire West Coast—from California to British Columbia—having a ZEV mandate.

Washington originally adopted the California emissions standards in 2005—but without the ZEV mandate. . . .

rmay635703

Re: Government subsidies/perks for EVs

Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:20 pm

Nubo wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:49 pm
The purpose was to sell more EVs, to prime the system.

It's nearing time to let these programs retire anyway, imho.
Around here Local sales of BEVs are down with PHEVs making up the difference.

Considering title + registration can be $665 around here but a pickup is $85 for the same
a lot of folks are getting rid of their older EVs Because the math doesn’t work.

If we want to talk about incentives we should also mention states that only have decentives and others that have both.

Nubo
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014

Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:16 pm

rmay635703 wrote:
Nubo wrote:

Considering title + registration can be $665 around here but a pickup is $85 for the same
a lot of folks are getting rid of their older EVs Because the math doesn’t work.

If we want to talk about incentives we should also mention states that only have decentives and others that have both.
Mention them. :)
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

jjeff
Delivery Date: 13 Jul 2014
Leaf Number: 422121

Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:44 am

Nubo wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:16 pm
rmay635703 wrote:
Nubo wrote:

Mention them. :)
de-centives?
MN which has no tax credits for EVs but has a $75 "EV" tax on all BEV tabs. Now $75 might not sound like a lot of dollars but from calculations, my EV Leaf costs double what I'd pay if I were driving an ICE vehicle and paying the gas tax :)
MN's tax is supposed to make sure EV drivers pay their fair share of road(gas) tax but when I figured out how many miles I drive my leaf per year and compared it to how much gas tax I'd pay driving a Nissan Versa(similar size as a Leaf) it was double! our Prius would be even less gas tax.
Now sure if I were driving a Hummer or large pickup getting 10 MPG, things would be different but I'm figuring the same size vehicle with a decent but not great MPG.
It's one of the many reasons my next vehicle will probably be a PHEV which as of yet doesn't have such an unfair tax in my state.
2012 SL purchased used 2/'16
2013 S w/QC purchased new
Juicebox Premium 60a L1/L2 EVSE, Ebusbar 16a L1/L2 EVSE
'12 EVSEupgrade'd 20a L1/L2 EVSE, '13 EVSEupgrade'd adjustable 6-20a L2, 6-13a L1 EVSE
Zencar 13, 20, 30a L1/L2 portable EVSE
GE Durastation 30a

GRA

Tue May 19, 2020 7:10 pm

GCR:
California will mandate more electric cars for Uber and Lyft: Here’s how

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/11 ... ere-s-how

Oilpan4
Delivery Date: 10 May 2018
Leaf Number: 004270

Tue May 19, 2020 7:33 pm

Pollution exportation via electric vehicles?
Isn't that what I have been saying they needed all along if they want something other than all the top spots for worst air quality in the nation.
trumpvirus
Is going to get you.

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Tue May 19, 2020 7:40 pm

Electric vehicles emit less pollution than ICE vehicles even when the source of the electricity is coal burning power plants. Show us power plants using bunker oil and you will have a point.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Return to “Business / Economy and Politics”