Need Battery in Eastern Washington state

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpride42

I purchased my 2012 LEAF used in 2016 and I love it. Now that the car is 8 years old, the battery range is getting low, max of 40 miles on flat land. I would like to replace it. However, I live in Eastern Washington state and I was told by the dealer in my town that the battery can only be replaced if I take the car to Western Washington. This would require going over the mountains, and even if it could make it to the first charging station, I doubt that I could make it to the next one, at the top of the pass. I would most likely need to call the tow truck more than once on a cross-state trip in order to get to a dealer who is authorized to replace the battery for my car.

Please, Nissan, let a LEAF dealer in Central Washington state (Yakima, Sunnyside, Tri-Cities or Ellensburg) have the capability to replace the battery.

I suggest a flat-bed haul. It shouldn't cost more than two or three hundred dollars. New 24kwh batteries are down to $4500 with core return now, so it's still a decent deal.

Call the Nissan EV Customer Service line and ask where the nearest Leaf Certified dealer that can replace a battery is located. I am sure there is one in Spokane and probably one in the Tri-Cities.

There is an option on the Olympic Peninsula (yeah, a bit further but they do have a ferry terminal!) to upgrade the pack to higher capacity 40 kwh. Cost is more but prevents you from having to look for another replacement in 5-6 years.

LeftieBiker said:
I suggest a flat-bed haul. It shouldn't cost more than two or three hundred dollars. New 24kwh batteries are down to $4500 with core return now, so it's still a decent deal.

I wish the junk dealers knew this. I still see questionable used junk yard batteries for up to $4,500.
If you are going to have your car towed to get worked on call around to various tow companies and get quotes. Be sure to tell the dispatcher it's to move the car from home to the dealer to get worked on and that it's not any kind of emergency or inconvenience.

dpride42 said:
I purchased my 2012 LEAF used in 2016 and I love it. Now that the car is 8 years old, the battery range is getting low, max of 40 miles on flat land. I would like to replace it. However, I live in Eastern Washington state and I was told by the dealer in my town that the battery can only be replaced if I take the car to Western Washington. This would require going over the mountains, and even if it could make it to the first charging station, I doubt that I could make it to the next one, at the top of the pass. I would most likely need to call the tow truck more than once on a cross-state trip in order to get to a dealer who is authorized to replace the battery for my car.

Please, Nissan, let a LEAF dealer in Central Washington state (Yakima, Sunnyside, Tri-Cities or Ellensburg) have the capability to replace the battery.

More money and will still require you to cross the mountain but this pack will last a lot longer.

https://daveinolywa.blogspot.com/2020/03/leaf-battery-upgrades-comes-to.html

Back