LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Re: Full Battery Charge, not showing 150 miles

Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:35 pm

Baltneu wrote:
Astros wrote:For 24 and 30kWh Leafs, you can get a much more accurate reading from the GOM if you turn cruise control on. That appears to force it to calculate your range using your current energy usage rather than its usual optimistic formula. Now that I have a 40kWh Leaf, I no longer see a change in the GOM whether I have cruise control on or off, but it is also more accurate overall.
Interesting
Will try later today
There is a more accurate range estimate available in the 24kwh Leafs with Nav. Just press the blue Energy button the wheel, and the Nav screen displays a map with two concentric circles and two range estimates. The lower number/inner circle is very accurate in most conditions. I'm not sure if the 2018 retains this feature, because I almost never worry about range now.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

JayJP
Delivery Date: 10 Sep 2018
Leaf Number: 311572

Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:27 pm

Hello, I have a question regarding my 2018 Nissan Leaf. On a regular charge I usually have about 150 miles. But for some reason when I looked at the amount of miles the car estimated, it only showed 110 miles on 100% charge today. How do I fix this problem? If anyone knows anything that could help me out, please reach out, it would be greatly appreciated!

Baltneu
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2018
Leaf Number: 313633

Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:31 am

I also have a 2018 Leaf and when I fully charge, the "guessometer" is all over the place. In warm weather I have found it to read 160 miles, some have even posted higher results. When it is cold out, the number is lower. The lowest it has ever shown is 130 miles on the full charge. It has been told to me there is a computer that is tracking your driving habits, and other things to come up with this number. When the heat or AC is on, this number is lower. I am not aware of anything you can do to tweak this figure.

PS. Welcome to the forum.
2018 Gun Metallic Gray, SL, Technology Package, etc.

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:35 pm

I am not aware of anything you can do to tweak this figure.
With the previous Leafs you can raise that number substantially by driving very gently for a mile or so before you park the car. (I don't know what the point would be, but it should work.) With the 2018+ Leaf it should still raise the estimate on startup, but probably not by as much, as the Leaf 2 uses a slightly more sophisticated set of parameters for estimating the range.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”