Ceramic coating on Nissan Leaf, amazing results

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnGalt69

I spend a few quarantine afternoons detailing my wife's 2016 Leaf. I did the standard wash and then IronX, clay bar and then Meguiars Ultimate polish to work out the obvious scratches, then a wipe down with isopropyl alcohol. Then I did some touchup paint on a few rock chips and let that cure overnight in my garage, then one more wipe down and apply two coats of CQuartz ceramic coating. The result was amazing, it beads up better than wax and is supposed to last for years. Here is a shot of the paint after a drive in a good heavy rain storm, no wax or anything, just the ceramic coat:

Here is a full wide shot of the car after the ceramic coat:

countryleaf said:
Looks great. I've heard about this, never tried it, may have to some time. Thank you for posting.
I had heard about it for years as well, but never got around to trying it. The benefit is that you end up with a coating that is better at protection and appearance than a car wax, but lasts for years.

You have to go through a lot of work to get the car prepared for the ceramic coat, but it seems like it is worth it because unlike wax which lasts weeks, these coatings last a very long time.

Wow. That's a lot of work, but as you said, it's totally necessary. Well done.

How about adding your location to your signature? I see palm trees in the photo, so at least we know you're in a warm climate, no road salt, etc.

Thanks.

This the stuff I use to wash my car, no more waxing. The beading lasts for more than 6 months.
Best stuff I have ever used.
https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-Ultimate-Wash-Wax-Washing/dp/B00353PWAW

gncndad said:
Wow. That's a lot of work, but as you said, it's totally necessary. Well done.

How about adding your location to your signature? I see palm trees in the photo, so at least we know you're in a warm climate, no road salt, etc
Yeah, I am in Southern California, so it is somewhat easier on cars here.

It was a lot of work to get it ready for the coating, and it would have been more if the car was black or any other color that showed paint defects more clearly. I would have had to spend more time working out small scratches so they would not be stuck there underneath the ceramic coat.

I'm only planning on keeping the car 2-3 more years (and then I'll sell it and buy another ~3 year old Leaf).

If this ceramic coating holds up like it says it will, then I'll be doing it on every car I buy.

I had my car ceramic coated about 6 weeks after I bought my '18 Leaf & 18 months later the water still beads like when it was 1st done! Also had the windows ceramic coated as well.

And I'm bad about being careful for cleaning. I use a local auto car wash company, all that "bad" stuff with car finish & it is still amazeballs at how it beads water. Maybe I should rename the car DuckLeaf

HerdingElectrons said:
I had my car ceramic coated about 6 weeks after I bought my '18 Leaf & 18 months later the water still beads like when it was 1st done! Also had the windows ceramic coated as well.

And I'm bad about being careful for cleaning. I use a local auto car wash company, all that "bad" stuff with car finish & it is still amazeballs at how it beads water. Maybe I should rename the car DuckLeaf
What product was it coated with?

JohnGalt69 said:
HerdingElectrons said:

What product was it coated with?

"Inspiration Ceramic Coating" & my memory is off. It was applied 4/01/2019 so just over a year. My Vehicle is garaged & I park in shade whenever possible & allegedly it's good for 2-3 years before it needs to be retreated.

Back