Replacement for Nissan Leaf front door

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klds0906

Hi,
my 2019 nissan leaf met with and accident and now i have to replace the front door. I took the car to my local dealer and he did not have replacement for the door. So we looked for other options. And one place said that both the old version of leaf and the new version have the same door panel. Is this true? can the new model door replaced with the old model?
Any information regarding this highly appreciated.
Thank You.

What I have heard is that the door uses the same frame but a new outer "skin." I'd have to look at them side by side to say for sure, but I suspect that it either wouldn't be a simple bolt-on replacement, or if it were it would look odd.

EDIT: looking at these photos, the front doors are closer than I had thought, while the rear doors are more clearly different.

2018-nissan-leaf-vs-2014-nissan-leaf

Right click on "view image" and you can see the photos.

Probably best to phone body shops near you. Bypass your dealer, phone the shop that they use (confirm their quality!), and ask directly.

Online used auto parts places will usually list inter-change for things like this but there are often 'gray areas' like Leftie mentioned where the parts are not an exact fit but can be easily modified to fit. I'd check them anyway and maybe even call up one of the EV wreckers to see what they say. Used complete doors are about $50 at my local bone-yard but I'd bet prices on a newer EV will be higher.

Back