Non EA or EVGo fast charger thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just found this thread. I'm surprised NY's plan isn't noted here yet.

NYS has a $250M plan entitled "EVolve NY" through the New York Power Authority (NYPA) to install DCFCs throughout the state.

Here is the plan overview:
https://www.nypa.gov/innovation/programs/evolveny

They currently have a station in the ground in LaGrangeville. It was supposed to open in April, but that has been delayed due to the pandemic. Hopefully no later than June.
https://www.plugshare.com/location/242690

The next two to follow are Schroon Lake and Watertown, late spring or early summer. Many more should be operational by the end of the calendar year.

The Thruway rest stops will all get DCFCs as well, as part of this program. That portion is unfortunately on hold as Governor Cuomo wants to refresh the dated service plazas first.

Schroon Lake is a good (if maybe not great) place for a backup charge if the DCFC right on the Northway is down. I really should take that drive North one last time this Summer...

More and more Chademos

Double Chademo!
Garden State Parkway, Bloomfield 07003 (EVGo)

Garden State Parkway, Forked River 08731 (EVGo)

1400 E Osceola Pkwy, Kissimmee, FL 34744
(Greenlots)

2260 E Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34744 (Greenlots)

It looks like a few more EA stations went up too.

I figure Schroon lake is a good place for people who are either travelling to the Lake Placid area, or just passing through to/from Montreal.

Best of all, it will be accessible to northbound AND southbound traffic without having to repeatedly get off and on the highway, unlike that Welcome Center.

A new charger opened up on the Oregon coast, right outside of Lincoln City. It's 4 dual Chademo/CCS chargers (ChargePoint), and they are apparently all 62.5kW. This is a big deal for the CCS chargers, since there are no other working ones on the entire Oregon or Washington coast. This one is right on the route we usually take to our cabin, so I'm excited to try this one out once we're able to travel there.

1264 Salmon River Highway, Otis, OR 97368, USA

DougWantsALeaf said:
Nice!

I am Jealous you have the blue one. I really like that color.

I think it looks really nice. It's also incredibly popular around here, with at least four blue Leafs with the 2018+ body style in our immediate neighborhood.

Back up the truck, a pile of new Chademo stations

Quattro Chademos
4968 NY-23, Oneonta, NY 13820

Single Chademo
355 W Main St, Malone, NY 12953

4 Chademos
1290 Arsenal St, Watertown, NY 13601

4 Chademos
1567 U.S. 9, Schroon Lake, NY 12870 USA

4 Chademos
1166 Castle Creek Rd, Castle Creek, NY 13744

Astros said:
DougWantsALeaf said:
Nice!

I am Jealous you have the blue one. I really like that color.

I think it looks really nice. It's also incredibly popular around here, with at least four blue Leafs with the 2018+ body style in our immediate neighborhood.

When my wife originally ordered her 2020 SL she ordered burgundy (red). As the months went on while waiting for the car we saw more and more blue Leafs and really liked to them. So much so we actually considered switching colours to see if that would get the car faster. But Kelowna Nissan pretty much said that it would be many more months to get a car. That and a couple other things that pissed her off about Nissan caused her to eventually cancel the order after 6 months but the looks of the blue Leaf were enough to sway her to blue for her Tesla model 3. I still like my coulis red Leaf. I wish they would have kept that colour. If I ever replace my 2016 Leaf SV with a Leaf SL I would seriously consider the blue though. I think the Tesla blue is similar to the Nissan blue. Added a shot of the two cars to give a size reference for the two cars. The Tesla is a tight fit in the garage.

49867608836_e41304d0c1_c.jpg

49824268457_248ce03fc9_c.jpg

DougWantsALeaf said:
2201 W Bell Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85023, USA

1 Chademo

Don't count on this one. It might be a new charger (replacing an old one), but I have not seen the DCQC at that location truly open to the public even during dealer operating hours. There was a Blink station at the Ford dealer nearby that I used frequently with my previous cars, but it does not show on Plugshare now (just J1772). I expect Ford to install CCS since Ford is making EV's with that capability. I wonder how many of the stations on Plugshare are truly available.

Webeleafowners,
I like the blue with light interior. As much as I like my SL Plus (range is a game changer), I believe the Tesla was a better choice for you with your trips to California. The supercharger network and faster charging will make those trips more convenient.

GerryAZ said:
DougWantsALeaf said:
2201 W Bell Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85023, USA

1 Chademo

Don't count on this one. It might be a new charger (replacing an old one), but I have not seen the DCQC at that location truly open to the public even during dealer operating hours. There was a Blink station at the Ford dealer nearby that I used frequently with my previous cars, but it does not show on Plugshare now (just J1772). I expect Ford to install CCS since Ford is making EV's with that capability. I wonder how many of the stations on Plugshare are truly available.

Webeleafowners,
I like the blue with light interior. As much as I like my SL Plus (range is a game changer), I believe the Tesla was a better choice for you with your trips to California. The supercharger network and faster charging will make those trips more convenient.

Your probably right. My only complaint on the Tesla is its fairly low. My back can be “uppity”. A lot easier getting in and out of my leaf.

DougWantsALeaf said:
Back up the truck, a pile of new Chademo stations

Quattro Chademos
4968 NY-23, Oneonta, NY 13820

Single Chademo
355 W Main St, Malone, NY 12953

4 Chademos
1290 Arsenal St, Watertown, NY 13601

4 Chademos
1567 U.S. 9, Schroon Lake, NY 12870 USA

4 Chademos
1166 Castle Creek Rd, Castle Creek, NY 13744

These are all sites identified by the New York Power Authority. They have signed site agreements, but no construction has yet begun. I don't expect anything in the next month or two, until each respective region gets the green light for the appropriate phase of re-opening. They are still saying they will be operational in 2020 though.

Back