TSLA corporate outlook

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder how many of Tesla's execs and support staff will follow Musk out of CA to who-knows-where. And then what? Is he planning to move assembly to some less-expensive state, say Chihauhau?

It's only a matter of time I expect CA will leave Elon Musk along when they realize all they are doing is to help reelect the president. Elon is serving as the spokes person for a group of billionaires wanting business to get back on track.

Local TV news (e.g. https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/tesla-parking-lot-nearly-full-indicating-fremont-factory-is-running/2288279/) that they were possibly going to allow them restart next week anyway (at around 1:10 of the video). Story mentions
County Supervisor Scott Haggerty, who represents Fremont, said he’s been working on the issue for weeks trying to find a way for Tesla to reopen in a way that satisfies the health officer. He said officials were moving toward allowing Tesla to restart May 18, but he suspects Musk wanted to restart stamping operations to make body parts needed to resume assembling electric vehicles.

GaleHawkins said:
Elon is serving as the spokes person for a group of billionaires wanting business to get back on track.
Elon is pretty clueless sometimes.

Virus isn't going away. A likely second wave will extend the business slowdown. While magical thinking can sometimes convince investors and sell cars, it doesn't work on virus. Or cancer in Steve Jobs case.

WetEV said:
GaleHawkins said:
Elon is serving as the spokes person for a group of billionaires wanting business to get back on track.
Elon is pretty clueless sometimes.

Virus isn't going away. A likely second wave will extend the business slowdown. While magical thinking can sometimes convince investors and sell cars, it doesn't work on virus. Or cancer in Steve Jobs case.
thanks Eyore

Tesla workers describe precautions inside factory as Musk and officials continue to fight over reopening
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/12/tesla-workers-describe-factory-precautions-as-musk-officials-fight.html

The truth of the matter is that the Alameda County Health Officer is being a bit of a dick about opening the plant and so is Elon. If Elon would just shut up, he could have opened the plant on Monday anyway. It's likely that Tesla will prevail in court over opening the plant because the County Health Dept. may have overstepped it's legal bounds by continuing to require a full shutdown after mitigation efforts were in place.

johnlocke said:
The truth of the matter is that the Alameda County Health Officer is being a bit of a dick about opening the plant and so is Elon. If Elon would just shut up, he could have opened the plant on Monday anyway. It's likely that Tesla will prevail in court over opening the plant because the County Health Dept. may have overstepped it's legal bounds by continuing to require a full shutdown after mitigation efforts were in place.

No, Gov. Newsom has made it clear that counties are allowed to maintain tighter restrictions than the state ones, and six of the nine bay area counties, including Alameda, have chosen to do so. Which is why I'm in week 8 or maybe it's 9 of stay at home.

I think right now everyone's looking for a solution that saves face all around.

One thing's for sure - while Trump fans and Tesla fanboys may be cheering Elon on, a large % if Tesla customers, who tend to be more liberal and supportive of government enforcing public health measures, aren't happy with his antics.

This just in:
Health officials approve Tesla reopening plan after production restarted against county orders

https://www-kron4-com.cdn.ampprojec...r-production-restarted-against-county-orders/

johnlocke said:
The truth of the matter is that the Alameda County Health Officer is being a bit of a dick about opening the plant and so is Elon. If Elon would just shut up, he could have opened the plant on Monday anyway...

Yeah, but a win-win just doesn't cut it these days. Everyone must be convinced you won and THE OTHER GUYS LOST because of your big balls.

https://electrek.co/2020/05/12/tesla-super-fandom-becomes-toxic-negative-electric-revolution-op-ed/

Tesla superfandom becomes toxic, negative for electric revolution [op-ed]

Fred Lambert

Tesla’s rise in popularity over the last decade created an incredible fanbase that would make Apple jealous. Just as the Cupertino, California, tech company made people fall in love with their phones, Tesla was able seduce their customers to fall in love with their cars.

However, some fringe groups have slipped into super fandom, which is becoming toxic due to slews of attacks against anything that can be perceived as negative toward Tesla.

In my opinion, the attacks and misinformation are not contributing positively to the electric revolution. Here’s why.

Let me preface this by making it clear that I consider myself a fan of Tesla, and it would be hard for anyone to dispute that. I am the happy owner of three Tesla cars (models S, 3, and X) and a satisfied shareholder, but more importantly, I am a believer in Tesla’s mission to accelerate the adoption of electric transport and renewable energy.

Over the last five years, I’ve written over 7,000 articles about electric vehicles. About 6,000 of them were about Tesla, and I’d estimate that about 95% of them offer a positive look at the company.

Now, I am not blind to the fact that I contributed to creating this super fandom around Tesla. I was an early influencer in the Tesla community as Electrek quickly became the biggest electric vehicle publication in the world, with now 10 million monthly readers.

That’s also why I feel the need to speak out on this.

I still stand by those articles, which again are mostly positive, but I can also admit that Tesla is not a perfect company and not beyond criticism. That’s why I also wrote several articles criticizing it, especially when it came to store closures and slashing employee compensation last year.

^^^
Well, Electrek is known to be Tesla fanboy site. What's really extreme is (won't post a direct link to it) is attacks from "MuskBros" esp to female reporters who write anything negative about Elon/Tesla.

Google for What It’s Like When Elon Musk’s Twitter Mob Comes After You thedailybeast. Has some NSFW language and some pretty outrageous behavior.

GRA said:
johnlocke said:

No, Gov. Newsom has made it clear that counties are allowed to maintain tighter restrictions than the state ones, and six of the nine bay area counties, including Alameda, have chosen to do so. Which is why I'm in week 8 or maybe it's 9 of stay at home.

I think right now everyone's looking for a solution that saves face all around.

One thing's for sure - while Trump fans and Tesla fanboys may be cheering Elon on, a large % if Tesla customers, who tend to be more liberal and supportive of government enforcing public health measures, aren't happy with his antics.

This just in:
Health officials approve Tesla reopening plan after production restarted against county orders

https://www-kron4-com.cdn.ampprojec...r-production-restarted-against-county-orders/

Sweden will keep buying Tesla since they are proving Elon Musk is correct and CA wrong.

Sweden has high social equality, due to high taxes and high spending on social welfare, such as public health care. High quality housing for the elderly. A large fraction can work from home. If that's what you mean by "correct", then maybe. Sweden can afford more disruptions from Covid than most of the world. Maybe taking the deaths now so that the herd immunity is reached earlier is correct. Depends on things we can't know, such as how long will an effective and safe vaccine take to develop.

What does this have to do with Tesla and Musk? Is Musk going to offer fully paid health care for the whole community?

Tesla drops lawsuit against California’s Alameda County over coronavirus restrictions
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/20/tesla-drops-suit-against-californias-alameda-county.html

I also heard from many fans that Musk is behaving less like humankind’s savior and more like a ruthless industrialist.

That's been clear for a while.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2020/05/elon-musk-coronavirus-pandemic-tweets/611887/

WetEV said:
I also heard from many fans that Musk is behaving less like humankind’s savior and more like a ruthless industrialist.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2020/05/elon-musk-coronavirus-pandemic-tweets/611887/
Can be both. Perhaps even a requirement.

sparky said:
WetEV said:

On the cover of the latest "Fortune": "Jesus vs. Buddha - Corporate Titans Battle for Control of the Solar System" :lol:

sparky said:
WetEV said:

Yah, you beat me to it. Pretty much a requirement if he’s going to gain any momentum.

Back