Car got scanned. Error found in climate system

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigdrago

Hello.
I got the dealership to scan the system on my nissan leaf 2015 today. They told there is an permanent error code. To know what the error is I had to visit a nissan dealer.

What do you think this error can be? The car has AC and heat pump. Any known errors?

Bigdrago said:
Hello.
I got the dealership to scan the system on my nissan leaf 2015 today. They told there is an permanent error code. To know what the error is I had to visit a nissan dealer.

What do you think this error can be? The car has AC and heat pump. Any known errors?

There are hundreds of possible error codes. Why won't they tell you the code number? What happens when you visit to get it -- do they make you sign a blood oath? Run an obstacle course?

What prompted you get the scan to begin with?

Bigdrago said:
Hello.

uhhh say what?

They didnt have the equipment to tell me the code.
But I went to a guy that have the right equipment. I attached the picture here. He told me that all nissan leaf have this error code.
Error code: B2631 (sunload sensor)

2UodybW.jpg

Bigdrago said:
They didnt have the equipment to tell me the code.
But I went to a guy that have the right equipment. I attached the picture here. He told me that all nissan leaf have this error code.
Error code: B2631 (sunload sensor)

Probably what he means is this:

Sunload sensor may register a malfunction when indoors, at dusk, or at other times when light is insufficient. When performing the diagnosis indoors, use a lamp (60 W or more) that is pointed at the sunload sensor.

powersurge said:
This code sounds like BS.

It's not like very LEAF is driving around with this code triggered. It just means when you run the CONSULT diagnostic, you need to provide the appropriate light load to the sensor. At least that's my take.

So this is saying that the air conditioner is confused?

If you really wanted to fix this, it sounds expensive.

I think I could live with that code

powersurge said:
So this is saying that the air conditioner is confused?

If you really wanted to fix this, it sounds expensive.

I think I could live with that code

No, it's saying that if you scan the car indoors, at dusk, or at night, you need to point a 60W bulb at the sunload sensor or the error will trigger.

I suspect this car was scanned inside a shop and the car threw this code. This is further supported by the fact that the tech says that "every Leaf has this code" -- he's doing the test wrong! There's probably nothing wrong with the car at all, and the OP should stop worrying.

If this car was scanned outside during the day, then the sunload sensor likely has a fault. As long as the AC is working and you're comfortable, there's no harm in ignoring the code, like powersurge said.

Back