Non EA or EVGo fast charger thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DougWantsALeaf said:
2201 W Bell Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85023, US

Last check in was 5/16/2020

Only check in was 5/16/2020. According to Plugshare, this is a 50 kW combination CCS and CHAdeMO station so it is clear the old charger was replaced. I will look at Plugshare once in a while to see if there are more check ins which would indicate it is actually available and being used.

Boulder creek rest area now online. On highway 16 to Prince Rupert. Two Chademo and Two CCS as well as a J1772

Heres the thing. These are 25 KW Delta Chademo/CCS chargers. They are installed on isolated routes where there is only single phase power available, usually a single 480 volt line. This is a very remote stertch of highway so that makes sense. I believe there are ow a total of 5 of these loactions in the province and a possible sixth coming. Better than nothing...but bring a sandwich or four a big thermos of coffee. :)

Note;. This image is of the Britton Creek rest area on the Coquihalla highway but showed the charger better.

49912848277_8758d74f65_c.jpg

This is the actual rest area. Bathrooms as well....you know...for the big thermos of coffee.

49918082847_02b3bf31d5_c.jpg

No card or app needed at this time. I suspect up north like this it may stay that way for some time.

Hey, better than nothing.

Many of the Nebraska state program sites are now listed. This now leaves only a few hundred mile corridor between Grand Island and Denver as relying solely on EA for a Chicago Denver Leaf Trip.

In December the contract for Newfoundland coverage was let to a company that will be using ChargePoint equipment.

Contract is for 14 Chademo/CCS and 14 Level 2.

Chargers must be available for delivery by June 29, 2020.

Newfoundland Goverment.

Two more site agreements announced in upstate NY, both along the I-81 corridor at Mirabito gas stations.

7073 NY-281, Tully, NY 13159

415 E. Brighton Avenue, Syracuse , NY, 13210

Contracts have been signed, but no ground has been broken yet.

Another half dozen Chademos showed up in Plugshare this week in Nebraska. these are all under the state program. More coverage is needed in the west of the state, but between Omaha and Grand Island they will have nice redundancy.

A couple more chargepoint Chademos.

Hinsdale County Road 20, Lake City, CO 81235

306 Maroon Ave, Crested Butte, CO 81224

Greenlots:
370 NY-23, Catskill, NY 12414, Catskill, New York, US, 12414

That charger in Catskill is news to me. If it's really there, it's an odd location. They put it in a park-and-ride next to the Thruway entrance ramp. Seems like L2 would almost be better if you are truly parking your car there and carpooling. But I will take a DCFC if it's real.

Sadly, Greenlots is awful. They operate the chargers at the Thruway service plazas and their reliability is a nightmare. I came close to being stranded once because multiple locations were down. I had to limp down the Thruway at ~50MPH (speed limit is 65, most drive 75-80) with my hazard lights on to make it to the EA in Newburgh. Thank goodness you can rely on EA always having a working charger! (mind you, you have to find it first among the field of broken chargers, but at least one of them has always worked for me)

Electrify Canada announced they will build an additional 9 locations in BC probably by the end of the year.

Tesla now has active permit requests for 7 more Superchargers in B.C. and an additional 5 more currently under construction.

BC is hurting for Superchargers. We currently have 17 Supercharger locations but north of 150 Chademo/CCS locations. Additional Superchargers can’t come soon enough, especially in the interior.

webeleafowners said:
Electrify Canada announced they will build an additional 9 locations in BC probably by the end of the year.

Tesla now has active permit requests for 7 more Superchargers in B.C. and an additional 5 more currently under construction.

BC is hurting for Superchargers. We currently have 17 Supercharger locations but north of 150 Chademo/CCS locations. Additional Superchargers can’t come soon enough, especially in the interior.
Is EC going to screw CHAdeMO users like EA does? EA tends to put in say 5 or 6 SAE Combo handles and a single CHAdeMO. There's no other CHAdeMO handle nor other station w/CHAdeMO to fall back on.

cwerdna said:
webeleafowners said:

Is EC going to screw CHAdeMO users like EA does? EA tends to put in say 5 or 6 SAE Combo handles and a single CHAdeMO. There's no other CHAdeMO handle nor other station w/CHAdeMO to fall back on.

Yep. Just parked beside the new Canadian Tire station in Kelowna. It’s a Electrify Canada station. 3 CCS and one Chademo. Bizarre. The vast number of ev’s Here are Chademo. Namely Tesla and Leaf.

Its the company's mantra. I have tried calling and leaving feedback multiple times. I think it will take XPeng and Lexus EV coming to US shores with Chademo to change that (like they are coming to Europe).

Haven't watched this video yet but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2ay56eJbGU is a review of a Shell/Greenlots site in Monterey Park, CA (this is in So Cal). From a quick glance, all of them are dual standard.

News Coloumb often does charging site reviews. You can find more by skimming https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJqgqWqKmdkIuBZa7JK5KSw/videos. I think he's based in So Cal, so his reviews tend to be So Cal-centric.

Back