End of Lease Strategies?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shop2order said:
Can I get this lease buyout done by any dealer in a US state (or in CA). Or do I have to do it at a local dealer only because I have to take my car along?

Anybody from San Francisco bay area, CA who was able to do lease buyout without the inspection fee - could you please share the name of the dealership and sales person?

Try Bob Murray at Nissan in Walnut Creek.

Nubo said:
shop2order said:
Can I get this lease buyout done by any dealer in a US state (or in CA). Or do I have to do it at a local dealer only because I have to take my car along?

Anybody from San Francisco bay area, CA who was able to do lease buyout without the inspection fee - could you please share the name of the dealership and sales person?

Thanks!! Is that Concord Nissan?

So I called around to find out the Lease purchase "Fees" and this was my research as far as Bay Area. They all said I would have to do a "Safety Inspection".

Stevens Creek Nissan - $750
Sunnyvale Nissan - $695
Boardwalk Nissan - $699
Dublin Nissan - $595
Concord Nissan - $400
Capitol Nissan - Wouldn't give me an amount till I came in
Premier Nissan of Fremont - Wouldn't give me an amount till I came in
Nissan Burlingame - Wouldn't give me an amount till I came in
Nisan Serramonte - Went to voicemail

I Hope this helps someone. I'm not sure what the next steps for me are. I could look out of the area, but ironically, I can't reach them without stopping to charge.

blueangel78 said:
Nubo said:
shop2order said:

Thanks!! Is that Concord Nissan?

I didn't realize the one in Walnut Creek is gone. From a fairly recent email it seems he may be working out of Concord Nissan now.

blueangel78 said:
So I called around to find out the Lease purchase "Fees" and this was my research as far as Bay Area. They all said I would have to do a "Safety Inspection".

Stevens Creek Nissan - $750
Sunnyvale Nissan - $695
Boardwalk Nissan - $699
Dublin Nissan - $595
Concord Nissan - $400
Capitol Nissan - Wouldn't give me an amount till I came in
Premier Nissan of Fremont - Wouldn't give me an amount till I came in
Nissan Burlingame - Wouldn't give me an amount till I came in
Nisan Serramonte - Went to voicemail

I Hope this helps someone. I'm not sure what the next steps for me are. I could look out of the area, but ironically, I can't reach them without stopping to charge.

I spoke to Nissan of Gilroy a week ago, they are charging $165 for inspection. I ask the dealership why they have to inspect the car since we are buying our own car. The dealership said they have to inspect the car because they are selling the car to us again and they have to make sure everything is OK before they can do the transaction.

drhlee1 said:
I spoke to Nissan of Gilroy a week ago, they are charging $165 for inspection. I ask the dealership why they have to inspect the car since we are buying our own car. The dealership said they have to inspect the car because they are selling the car to us again and they have to make sure everything is OK before they can do the transaction.

That really helps a lot!! Thank you so much. Yeah for $700, I would expect them to do a full maintenance and put new tires on the car.

blueangel78 said:
drhlee1 said:

That really helps a lot!! Thank you so much. Yeah for $700, I would expect them to do a full maintenance and put new tires on the car.

The response to this should be "Great! So if my car turns out to have a defect, you now have to fix it for free!"

drhlee1 said:
...I spoke to Nissan of Gilroy a week ago, they are charging $165 for inspection. I ask the dealership why they have to inspect the car since we are buying our own car. The dealership said they have to inspect the car because they are selling the car to us again and they have to make sure everything is OK before they can do the transaction.

Don't care. I'm not interested in an itemized list, only what I need to write on the check. If they want to charge me $1 for the car and $5999 for the answers to today's crossword puzzle, or $5835 for the car and $165 for a "safety inspection" it's all the same to me. Just shop for the lowest total.

The inspection fee is required for the dealer to “ground the lease” before selling the vehicle. Bob works at concord Nissan and helped me execute a lease buyout from a guy off of swap a lease.com. Charged me $400 in December 2019.

The lease buyout by third party was not something I could execute in San Diego. The 5/6 Nissan dealerships we have are all under the Mossy family of ownership. They don’t negotiate and are difficult to buy from; even corporate folks will tell you to leave SD if you want a deal.. So- people like me end up in Irvine CA or LA or, in this case, flying to Oakland from San Diego and then driving home with a car.

$17,280 financed with no money out of pocket for a 2018 Leaf S with 18,000 miles. I needed that deal after having a 2014 MB b-class crap out on me after only driving it 52 miles.

I purchased my end of lease Leaf today at Nissan Sunnyvale. They charged me $395 for inspection.

Other fees I paid include:

Purchase Option Fee: $300 (Revised. I previous called it "option fee", which causes confusion.)
License/Registration Fee $119.81
DocProcessing/EVR/Tire Fee $114.00

Boardwalk Nissan charges $695 and Nissan Burlingame charges $500 for inspection. I didn't try Nissan of Gilroy. Too far for me.

This is purchase option. Here is the wording from my contract:

15. Purchase Option
You have the option to purchase this Vehicle “AS IS” from the originating dealer, or other
location we specify, in cash for the Purchase Option Price, plus any official fees and taxes,
vehicle inspection costs required in connection with the purchase, and a Purchase Option Fee
of $300.00, which fees, taxes and costs are not included in the Purchase Option Price agreed
to in Section 6. If you purchase the Vehicle at the end of the lease term, the Purchase Option
Price will be the Residual Value shown in Section 5.d). If you purchase the Vehicle before the
end of the lease term, the Purchase Option Price will be the Adjusted Lease Balance disclosed
in Section 14). In either case, you must also pay other amounts due under this Lease at the
time of purchase.

2ndLeaf said:
This is purchase option. Here is the wording from my contract:

15. Purchase Option
You have the option to purchase this Vehicle “AS IS” from the originating dealer, or other
location we specify, in cash for the Purchase Option Price, plus any official fees and taxes,
vehicle inspection costs required in connection with the purchase, and a Purchase Option Fee
of $300.00, which fees, taxes and costs are not included in the Purchase Option Price agreed
to in Section 6. If you purchase the Vehicle at the end of the lease term, the Purchase Option
Price will be the Residual Value shown in Section 5.d). If you purchase the Vehicle before the
end of the lease term, the Purchase Option Price will be the Adjusted Lease Balance disclosed
in Section 14). In either case, you must also pay other amounts due under this Lease at the
time of purchase.

Ah ok. SOP. Didn't think about that one. They are probably out there but can't I say I remember anyone having to actually pay all the fees?

2ndLeaf said:
I purchased my end of lease Leaf today at Nissan Sunnyvale. They charged me $395 for inspection.

Other fees I paid include:

Purchase Option Fee: $300 (Revised. I previous called it "option fee", which causes confusion.)
License/Registration Fee $119.81
DocProcessing/EVR/Tire Fee $114.00

Boardwalk Nissan charges $695 and Nissan Burlingame charges $500 for inspection. I didn't try Nissan of Gilroy. Too far for me.

Sorry to bump this after so long, but how long did it take you to get in and out of the dealership for the inspection and paperwork/payment? Thank you.

Back