Nissan Connect EV (Carwings) having problems?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm also having issues. I haven't been able to refresh my battery status since May 23rd...

I just get this screen every time:

Aa1uVAFWaTiyLgCHmONbn5FL_PNekLibZ6J6GQRIM-DDT8E8dpH0bUWpWtff0F3Ofui1VEDUSma0fBuPp3ngd1UtgPewlFe7wfEN4E0wNC2FScPN7O8L5TAfngdW9vwT0tC5I6IySlGIONC1wr11IOrCkKTC_3PqqrrG5R6nJWHWcVvOykKHSb60KB9jyo2QHisQuIFUfT1ntG9jiVQ076UtT4dqTZTcYikNeMXrr1jMNMAYfk2-LnSzk4IoxeWwJh2PQCqOu8kn-v3yecupeXqc1QLDdUiVxmiCYQlwjh4svt4CQDg245qcIO2nx8jS6tzp_hut8jl4GFallrMwp7NfYjxS-vY8ffa63xvN1ZnquMi4dhyzBGgF9LuBLPg8pAEgjEGk2GsKDlmzKjxsUYNrYjY46o7izal05Lqg66KhPXa4h2LxBHJqEZjrQPMIA8Z9nnpx7qAXpRpcQJuyj7ZwjV_TTkRKEuC3aQsPkifjKEGNIXEtlry-ITGlKyNiqQeG5RFJVnteggjp2n5OD0BFdGKYMGBnyyPZP--VngWdcr6qoBgyWeuhst2Ob5-Vq5aA_pr3Sw4X0FSGx8LaCpIIIf52N1FeajwvZKO69bHQk6PYv65IQLXJjiDoOvMKega41xYA6mkP-x92hs-wxysxfoYi4x_nNWM9UIJw7dmWizbkl79-Xxkm2GTQr-E=w476-h951-no

I still get notifications about charging stopping, charging complete, etc. But I cannot check the status from the app.

I believe we are in another one of those "system is down for a couple of days with no explanation" periods. If you don't mess up your account/delete anything/etc., eventually it will come back. I haven't received any "charging stopped/complete" messages for a couple of days either (so the whole thing is down).

Still down?

Am not able to login onto the web portal or the app (tried several).

Anybody know where to report this to, at least to get the status. Thanks..

Still love the ride, but at 50 ~ mi range, we may not keep it much longer.

pjoseph said:
Still down?

Am not able to login onto the web portal or the app (tried several).

Anybody know where to report this to, at least to get the status. Thanks..

Still love the ride, but at 50 ~ mi range, we may not keep it much longer.

I used it several times yesterday!

My 2019 Leaf SV Plus has been parked in an underground garage the last three days in Breckenridge, Colorado and I haven’t had any issues connecting to it with the EvConnect app.

Jeff

Works for me on my '13 Leaf. Was getting email notifications earlier today and I just checked status successfully via their iOS app.

I've had so much trouble in the last year with this app not working, with 4 different TCU swaps since the original $199 upgrade to 3G, that I've finally given up in despair on a permanent fix.

Often, the programming just disappeared from the TCU and display screen, causing a dealer visit to fix/reprogram. Everybody (Nissan, dealer) points at weak cell reception & 3G service "going away" for the communication problem or my 12v battery was low, wiping programming. One person here posted their TCU drained their 12v battery - didn't know the TCU could actually be the cause, just that there was some association. I've gone to placing a battery maintainer on my 12v.

Also, Nissan Consumer Affairs says they rarely hear of this problem; Nissan Customer Service says they have occasional issues. I hadn't checked here for a problem thread. Its existence is proof of a huge debacle with this, contradicting the "it never happens" or "we've done all we're supposed to do" responses from Nissan and my dealer. I feel somewhat redeemed that I'm not an albatross in my "search for a cure."

FYI, last week, after having investigated my full case with my dealer, Nissan Consumer Affairs determined the best way to placate me was to give me a $199 service credit for my original 3G upgrade copay. Perhaps everyone who paid for an upgrade should rant to Nissan Consumer Affairs to see if they're offered this service credit. After shelling out multiple credits, Nissan may acknowledge this problem isn't a rarity.

Oh, BTW, I got an updated status this morning (wow, it worked - what fine cell reception in my garage!).

- Kathy

eclecticflower said:
I've had so much trouble in the last year with this app not working, with 4 different TCU swaps since the original $199 upgrade to 3G, that I've finally given up in despair on a permanent fix.

Often, the programming just disappeared from the TCU and display screen, causing a dealer visit to fix/reprogram. Everybody (Nissan, dealer) points at weak cell reception & 3G service "going away" for the communication problem or my 12v battery was low, wiping programming. One person here posted their TCU drained their 12v battery - didn't know the TCU could actually be the cause, just that there was some association. I've gone to placing a battery maintainer on my 12v.
Re: battery drain due to buggy 3G TCU, NTB18-045 (and now 045b) resolves this:
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2018/MC-10145516-9999.pdf
https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=531736#p531736

https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=26412&p=535008&hilit=p3131#p535008
https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=26204&p=534889&hilit=p3131#p534889 - I didn't have the battery drain issues but I definitely was hitting the yellow ! car light and P3131 DTCs until I found a workaround and before NTB18-045 was applied.

^^^
Thank you , cwerdna. I forwarded a message to the dealer associate I've been working with, asking if he could check my service record to see if the bulletin had been applied. Appreciate your help!

Kathy

Mine also stopped working (2015 model). There was no longer any vehicle icon (slashed or otherwise) appearing on screen. In Carwings settings unit ID information there were asterisks for everything except unit ID. Customer support had me take it to a dealer. After a full day there they gave it back and suggested I call customer support, and made a lot of other strange suggestions (like I wasn't paying for my subscription, I need to register my phone number to the TCU, and the problem is the stereo head unit). All wrong answers. I investigated on my own at home and decided to change the 12v battery (tho I was having no other issues with it). I tried temporarily disconnecting the battery to try to reset TCU first, but that didn't work. Battery was reading 12.4 on voltmeter, after 5 years. All functions go after replacing the 12v with a new one. The unit information now appears, and I get the car icon on the screen. I was able to sign in thru the Carwings settings, and I've been using the app without problem since. I'm not sure it matters, but I went with a lithium 12v.

Wololo said:
I'm not sure it matters, but I went with a lithium 12v.

You will be very glad you went 12v Lithium! Would like to know which one you went with...or you might want to reply to the 12v Lithium thread I started years ago (and is still active).

Battery was reading 12.4 on voltmeter, after 5 years. All functions go after replacing the 12v with a new one. The unit information now appears, and I get the car icon on the screen. I was able to sign in thru the Carwings settings, and I've been using the app without problem since. I'm not sure it matters, but I went with a lithium 12v.

The battery voltage was probably sagging below 12 volts under any load. Unless you live in a climate where it gets very, very cold in Winter, you will likely be happy with the lithium battery.

Back