Time to move on. It’s been a great ride here.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webeleafowners

Hey folks. Good news and bad news. The good news. Retirement at 58 came one year early due to Covid. Come september we are both officially retired. Woohoo. The bad news. We knew that once we were both retired we would downsize to one vehicle. We are not minimalists but the costs of insurance and depreciation buys a lot of wine in Italy and paella in Spain. :). So we just sold the best car we have ever owned. Our 2016 Nissan Leaf. Still had 12 bars on the day we sold it and we never had a single problem in 4 years. It has gone to a new home and new EV enthusiast. At this point we need a long range EV that will run up and down the west coast from BC to Palm Springs so the model 3 is the right choice for now.

We wanted to thank everyone on this board for the info and support over the last 4 years. I will still be visiting the board but obviously have less to contribute.

One more picture of our old ride, and of course one more of our new and only ride.

Stay safe and healthy all, and continue to enjoy one if the best EV’s out there.

John and Angela.

49802813713_6028568e04_c.jpg

49973627508_a3414b8089_c.jpg

Thanks guys. I’ll be checking in from time to time. I mentioned the board to the couple that bought our leaf so they may join.

Comparison reports are difficult between the two cars as they are targeted at different audiences. My favourite things about our leaf and the new SL plus leafs are still the higher entry, heated steering wheel, birds eye view camera and the hatchback. The model 3 has its own fortés like performance, tech, FSD/Autopilot and the charging infrastructure and charging speed. Those last two were important for our new needs as (relatively) young retirees. Our first time pulling into a V3 Supercharger at 28 percent charger and watching the charge rate shoot to 248 KW was a bit of an eye opener. Above and beyond that both are nice cars and we came very close to choosing to save 20,000 grand by getting the SL plus. Still lots of bang for your buck in a SL Plus Leaf.

Until the next check in, in the words of our Doctor Bonny our provincial health officer that we hear every day,

Be kind, be calm and be safe. :)

John and Angela.

I hope you don't mind me pointing this out, but I see you are also user Webeevdrivers at teslamotorsclub.com

jlv said:
I hope you don't mind me pointing this out, but I see you are also user Webeevdrivers at teslamotorsclub.com

Yepir. That’s us. Wife enrolled once she started looking for the next car. It’s a good board as well. I still enjoy this board though. And I kind of want to stay current with the leaf and the Arriya. Retirement is near (couple months now) but there is a chance that something will change in a year or two and we may need a second vehicle again. I would not hesitate to get a leaf again after an outstanding experience with the first one. It would involve a little more travelling so a lightly used plus SL would fit the bill. But for right now planning on staying retired.

That could end up being a great move. With prices so significantly discounted now, once the cars fall off lease starting mid next year, they may be a real bargin and still easily do 200 summer miles.

DougWantsALeaf said:
That could end up being a great move. With prices so significantly discounted now, once the cars fall off lease starting mid next year, they may be a real bargin and still easily do 200 summer miles.

Yah that’s kind of how we look at it. In a perfect world we’ll both stay retired but it’s about a year early for us. Covid kinda modified our plans a bit. 57 and 58 years old. But their might be an opportunity presenting itself for one or two x 6 month stints. A (big) part of me hoping it won’t happen. Really want to get back to tromping around Europe while everything is working on our bodies. It wasn’t worth holding onto the leaf as used leaf prices are good here right now and we just don’t need two vehicles.

Meantime. I’ll still be hanging around this board from time to time. Great bunch of EV enthusiasts here.

Coming here to report the same thing. After $1500 of suspension repairs over a single year, the impending need for a new-ish $3,000 battery, and the looming degradation and limited usefulness even with a battery upgrade, I've sold my Leaf and am looking forward to either an older high-mileage Bolt (those batteries just don't age!) or no car at all (e-bikes work pretty well and are cheap).

This is a great forum and I'm likely to continue being active here. :D Thanks all who have provided advice or participated in (many) often productive debates.

Ha

I have 2 Leaf Pluses. My wife told me I am done for many years.

Tonight with the kids (3) we took both out to a drive in movie. With social distancing we could put chairs between our cars as they both ours.

https://www.reddit.com/r/leaf/comments/hwuagp/twin_leaf_plus_at_the_drive_in_movie/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Back