2017 Service Manual

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have a link for a 2017 Leaf factory service/repair manual? I don't mean the owner's manual, I mean the complete service manual that a shop would use. The 2011-2015 manuals are available through NICO Club but I haven't seen any more recent years. Mainly looking for the AV service manual.

If it's not readily available for a free download, has anyone paid the $20 1-day subscription fee and downloaded it from the Nissan-TechInfo site? Would just like to hear about your experience and confirm whether this is legit. Thanks.

Looking further, it would appear the 2017 service manual is not available through the 1-day subscription from Nissan-TechInfo. You have to buy it on CD for $210. Rats.

Well another way to look at it--you can hardly get out of the dealer service dept for less than that for one visit, and if the FSM info helps you avoid that trip then you have broken even. Save several trips and you are money ahead. And chances are you could use it for your needs then turn around and sell it the next guy to recover some of your investment.

in case anyone is interested in a leaf service manual from https://www.nissan-techinfo.com/ you can not sign up for 1 day (for $20) and then download the manual.

you have to use internet explorer (not edge) to view the manual and once you do it is not convenient to navigate.

the ~$200 cd rom download option might be better

The newer manuals are created in a format that must be opened in a browser like Internet Explorer instead of just being PDF files that could be copied). I purchased the CD for my 2019 Plus and was somewhat disappointed at first because it seemed like it was not as thorough as the manuals for the 2011 and 2015, but I found that the information is buried in layers so you cannot just scroll through a section. You need to click on the correct section and then subsection to find detailed information, but the information is there. I have no regrets about purchasing the CD since I plan to keep the car for a long time and I wanted to have the factory manual.

nlspace said:
Well another way to look at it--you can hardly get out of the dealer service dept for less than that for one visit, and if the FSM info helps you avoid that trip then you have broken even. Save several trips and you are money ahead. And chances are you could use it for your needs then turn around and sell it the next guy to recover some of your investment.

True enough; it's not much more than an hour's labor charge at the stealership, and not a bad investment to maintain a $30K vehicle. One might argue that the repair information should be included in the purchase price but in the real "everything is proprietary" world consider ourselves lucky that the information is available at all.

Back