Could someone in the Loveland, CO area check out a car for me?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. A nine bar 2016/2017 Leaf is not yet eligible for the warranty replacement, but likely will be within a year. It is possible for Nissan to find a reason to deny a battery warranty claim, but AFAIK they have never done so when the car was within the age/mileage limits. They have in the past denied claims when the car was, for example, outside the mileage limit because the drive to the dealership brought the odometer over the limit. No joke. Dealerships will sometimes try to avoid having to do the replacement, but the warranty isn't tied to any one dealership.

The charging port is in the nose of the car, but not in the bumper. Again, though, a Leaf S is far from ideal for your climate, especially with no heated steering wheel.

Here's another S that is local and private seller. I could check this one out if you're interested.
https://boulder.craigslist.org/cto/d/louisville-2017-nissan-leaf-with-snow/7150957939.html

I bring this up since I have to think that the area around Boulder, CO must have the highest concentration of Leafs per capita. I usually see one
every 60 seconds when going to work or driving around town. They are just everywhere here.

Anyway, good luck with your search. 30kW Leafs are hard to find for < $10k around here although I've seen a few 80% SOH 24kWh Leafs for $5k - $6k and at that price it almost makes sense to install a replacement battery if the range is too low.

^ Nice find! ^

I winter drive a 30 kWh S about 30 miles each way without destination charging. I bundle up, though, and only periodically use climate control to clear the windows. I think it would work with heater use too--it would just require more charging.

I was originally holding out for an SV but I don't regret the S at all.

I thought about an SV originally but I'm happy with my S too. I upgraded to an auto-dimming mirror (huge improvement in the winter) and since it's sunny so much here I don't really miss the heat pump heater. My commute is only 9 miles and there is free charging at work so I don't worry about heat or range much. I do wish I had a better sound system so I might upgrade the head unit. Dala did a very nice write-up on his upgrade so I might just follow that thread and get the exact same parts. No time for it now though, so we'll see if it ever really gets done.

And I just got another set of alloy wheels from a 2004 Altima at the junkyard so I have fancier wheels now. I don't mind steel wheels but I can't understand why the hub caps are made to look like alloy rims. I'd much prefer a plain cover or something but oh well. Now I have Ecopia + on my alloy rims and real snow tires on the stock steel rims. It will be interesting to see what the snows do to efficiency this winter. Your pictures inspired me to get my Leaf more dirty so this winter it's going to get tested.

:)

This one's a little cleaner now than it was then (it's been so dry!), but these things aren't afraid of dirt!

I'm pretty happy with the S audio system (and used to drive around with an amp, EQ, and sub enclosure when I was in my 20s).

Nice find on the Altima wheels. On the Prius I used to drive, winter tires barely affected economy and I ran them year-round. Hopefully yours won't affect energy use much either.

Yeah, the S wheel covers are a little polarizing. I used to like them well enough, but when one came off and I discovered the rally car look underneath, the other ones went on a shelf too.

Back