2019 battery Warranty

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gabriel5630

The warranty book for the 2019 LEAF states a 96 month, 100K mile lithium battery warranty below nine segments. There is no segment display on the 2018 ,2019, 2020 LEAF's. Does anyone know what the battery loss criteria is for the newer LEAF's?

There is indeed a battery capacity display. It's on one of the screens you can access with the shuttle keys on the left side of the steering wheel. It's a cell phone battery icon, essentially. I think it's the same screen that shows the battery temp, but I'd have to confirm that. Spend some time playing with the shuttle, because there are several useful screens with various combinations of information. I prefer the one with digital speedo, compass, satellite radio station, and a couple of other bits of info.

LeftieBiker said:
There is indeed a battery capacity display. It's on one of the screens you can access with the shuttle keys on the left side of the steering wheel. It's a cell phone battery icon, essentially. I think it's the same screen that shows the battery temp, but I'd have to confirm that. Spend some time playing with the shuttle, because there are several useful screens with various combinations of information. I prefer the one with digital speedo, compass, satellite radio station, and a couple of other bits of info.

here is what it looks like

S6Y4il8l.jpg

DougWantsALeaf said:
I will just add that both Leaf and Tesla share same battery warranty. 70% and 8 years or 100K miles
It's a bit more nuanced than that. See https://www.tesla.com/support/vehicle-warranty.

And, the warranty has been different in the past, including (IIRC), originally only a defects but NOT a capacity warranty on S and X. It's a very long story w/the evolution...

Some snapshots can be found at https://www.tesla.com/support/vehicle-warranty. I unfortunately don't have pointers to anything before 2017 handy.

Back