Leaf Battery 'Full' Voltage

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveBlack

Hi all - I am just playing getting the PDM / Charger working on the bench to charge the 30kwh pack I have.

I have the Dc-Dc converter working, and pretty certain the standard charge feature is working also. The PDM plays a little beep which I believe indicates it is ready to charge - and my charging cable 'flashes' which is its indicator that it is charging OK.

However it only charges for about 10 seconds, before the charging cables flashing light goes steady - indicated charging finished.

My pack reads a voltage of 392v - about 4.1 volts per cell. Which to me would indicate fully charged - but I have read online these cells charge at 4.2v (403.2v). It is highly likely that at 392v the resistance across the pack is high enough that no further charging is possible to avoid damage.

Was wondering if anyone had any information about yours packs - what level they sit at when fully charged?

Thanks

Dave

Okay thanks, pretty certain mine is taking the near 4.1v as fully charged as even if you charge at 4.2v the cells will settle lower than that.

My Leaf must have been crashed straight off the driveway!

Dave

Back