CHAdeMO connectors being squeezed out?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DaveinOlyWA said:
CanuckEVDriver said:
So... It appears that there might be some truth to my initial post...

https://www.greencarreports.com/new...ric-car-charging-standards-tesla-stands-apart

I wonder if Nissan will offer existing LEAF owners an opportunity to install the CCS connector, in some kind of retro-fit module... for a reasonable price of course.

No real need to get that done. EA ensures chademo will be around for all of this decade.

Yah. And I don’t know about the US and EA but here in Canada EC (Electrify Canada) is the only company putting in more CCS than Chademo. About once a week another CCS/ Chademo pops up in this province. Lately it seems they are “two pump” locations. So 2 x Chademo and 2xCCS. And all the Petrocan Chademos (and CCS) are 100 kw units. I wonder if Petrocan will start to include a Tesla handle like EVGO is doing in some places. Otherwise they are missing 80 percent of the customer base here.

webeleafowners said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
CanuckEVDriver said:
So... It appears that there might be some truth to my initial post...

https://www.greencarreports.com/new...ric-car-charging-standards-tesla-stands-apart

I wonder if Nissan will offer existing LEAF owners an opportunity to install the CCS connector, in some kind of retro-fit module... for a reasonable price of course.

No real need to get that done. EA ensures chademo will be around for all of this decade.

Yah. And I don’t know about the US and EA but here in Canada EC (Electrify Canada) is the only company putting in more CCS than Chademo. About once a week another CCS/ Chademo pops up in this province. Lately it seems they are “two pump” locations. So 2 x Chademo and 2xCCS. And all the Petrocan Chademos (and CCS) are 100 kw units. I wonder if Petrocan will start to include a Tesla handle like EVGO is doing in some places. Otherwise they are missing 80 percent of the customer base here.

I think the rest of the manufacturers will eventually start to catch up. Still missing the entry level EV with 150 miles of range in the $20's (American) That is most definitely coming and it will tip the game.

3 more Chademo sites have added in the last day, so coverage for now is still on the upswing.

Leaf would sell really well if msrp started at 25k. I do feel like 200 miles is becoming (in the US) the minimum. The psychology difference between 100 vs 200 miles range is pretty amazing, even if your daily drive is 30 miles.

Back