gncndad
Posts: 265
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:02 pm
Delivery Date: 23 Feb 2016
Location: Ft. Worth, TX

Re: COVID-19 aka 2019 (and 2020) Novel Coronavirus

Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:09 am

...and we've only known for 100 years that viruses are airborne...
2015 LeafS
2018 Toyota Prius Four Touring
2018 Toyota Prius Two
2014 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited

LeftieBiker
Moderator
Posts: 15331
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: COVID-19 aka 2019 (and 2020) Novel Coronavirus

Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:41 am

gncndad wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:09 am
...and we've only known for 100 years that viruses are airborne...
Fauci, the CDC and the WHO are only just now admitting as much...
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

WetEV
Posts: 3918
Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 8:25 am
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2014
Location: Near Seattle, WA

Re: COVID-19 aka 2019 (and 2020) Novel Coronavirus

Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:00 am

Oilpan4 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:31 am
A mask won't keep me from getting trumpvirus at all.
A mask has a far better chance of stopping you from spreading the virus.
WetEV
#49
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2012 Leaf SL Red (Totaled)
2014 Leaf SL Red
2019 eTron Blue

downeykp
Forum Supporter
Posts: 705
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:11 am
Delivery Date: 31 May 2011
Leaf Number: 1931
Location: Keaau, HI

Re: COVID-19 aka 2019 (and 2020) Novel Coronavirus

Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:55 am

Oilpan4 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:31 am
A mask won't keep me from getting trumpvirus at all.
What will happen is my wife will get it because she works at a hospital and then I'll get it from her before she even suspects she has it.
Total HS
2011 Black Leaf SL+QC Vin. 1931
Res. 6-14-10 Order 1-25-11
EVSE: Mod'd Ver. 2 Nissan L1
Delivered 5-31-11

9 years 37000mi. 6 bars

39 Suniva panels 10.3kw with Enphase micro inverters my electricity cost $26 a month.

cwerdna
Posts: 11015
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: COVID-19 aka 2019 (and 2020) Novel Coronavirus

Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:37 pm

Hundreds of Georgia campers infected with coronavirus at YMCA camp in just days, CDC report finds
https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/hundre ... EXK6CIZNM/
SARS-CoV-2 Transmission and Infection Among Attendees of an Overnight Camp — Georgia, June 2020
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/ ... mm6931e1_w is the report.
A total of 597 Georgia residents attended camp A. Median camper age was 12 years (range = 6–19 years), and 53% (182 of 346) were female. The median age of staff members and trainees was 17 years (range = 14–59 years), and 59% (148 of 251) were female. Test results were available for 344 (58%) attendees; among these, 260 (76%) were positive. The overall attack rate was 44% (260 of 597), 51% among those aged 6–10 years, 44% among those aged 11–17 years, and 33% among those aged 18–21 years (Table). Attack rates increased with increasing length of time spent at the camp, with staff members having the highest attack rate (56%). During June 21–27, occupancy of the 31 cabins averaged 15 persons per cabin (range = 1–26); median cabin attack rate was 50% (range = 22%–70%) among 28 cabins that had one or more cases. Among 136 cases with available symptom data, 36 (26%) patients reported no symptoms; among 100 (74%) who reported symptoms, those most commonly reported were subjective or documented fever (65%), headache (61%), and sore throat (46%).

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Oilpan4
Posts: 1638
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:51 pm
Delivery Date: 10 May 2018
Leaf Number: 004270

Re: COVID-19 aka 2019 (and 2020) Novel Coronavirus

Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:11 am

WetEV wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:00 am
Oilpan4 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:31 am
A mask won't keep me from getting trumpvirus at all.
A mask has a far better chance of stopping you from spreading the virus.
Duha.
trumpvirus
Is going to get you.

Oilpan4
Posts: 1638
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:51 pm
Delivery Date: 10 May 2018
Leaf Number: 004270

Re: COVID-19 aka 2019 (and 2020) Novel Coronavirus

Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:20 am

downeykp wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:55 am
Oilpan4 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:31 am
A mask won't keep me from getting trumpvirus at all.
What will happen is my wife will get it because she works at a hospital and then I'll get it from her before she even suspects she has it.
Total HS
Change my mind.

If my wife gets it from some drain circler, starts spreading the trumpvirus for 3 or 4 days with no symptoms how is a stupid little mask with gaps on at least 3 sides going to stop me from getting trumpvirus from some one I'm in close contact with 12 to 24 hours a day?

The answer is, it's not.
Best case scenario it delays me getting trumpvirus for a day, but probably only a few hours.
trumpvirus
Is going to get you.

cwerdna
Posts: 11015
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: COVID-19 aka 2019 (and 2020) Novel Coronavirus

Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:55 pm

https://www.boston.com/news/crime/2020/ ... police-say
When a cigar shop clerk told Adam Zaborowski on Friday that he had to wear a mask in the shop, the 35-year-old angrily refused. Instead, he grabbed two stogies, stormed outside — and then pulled a handgun and shot at the clerk, Bethlehem Township, Pa., police said.

The next day, cornered near his home, Zaborowski allegedly fired at police with an AK-47, sparking a wild shootout with at least seven officers that ended with him shot multiple times and under arrest.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

User avatar
Nubo
Posts: 5735
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 11:01 am
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014
Location: Vallejo, CA

Re: COVID-19 aka 2019 (and 2020) Novel Coronavirus

Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:30 pm

Oilpan4 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:20 am
downeykp wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:55 am
Oilpan4 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:31 am
A mask won't keep me from getting trumpvirus at all.
What will happen is my wife will get it because she works at a hospital and then I'll get it from her before she even suspects she has it.
Total HS
Change my mind.

If my wife gets it from some drain circler, starts spreading the trumpvirus for 3 or 4 days with no symptoms how is a stupid little mask with gaps on at least 3 sides going to stop me from getting trumpvirus from some one I'm in close contact with 12 to 24 hours a day?

The answer is, it's not.
Best case scenario it delays me getting trumpvirus for a day, but probably only a few hours.
A valid assessment, despite the heartless "drain circler" comment. If she's at high risk she'd do well to protect you by wearing a mask at home. Her wearing a mask would be far more effective than yours if she were contagious.
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

cwerdna
Posts: 11015
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: COVID-19 aka 2019 (and 2020) Novel Coronavirus

Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:42 pm

White House makes random coronavirus testing mandatory for staff
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/03/white-h ... staff.html

Didn't someone say to slow down the testing and that if we didn't test, we wouldn't have cases? And, that it's harmless 99% of the time? How about being a hoax?

They may as well stop testing to make the numbers look better at the WH. After all, doing that would "solve" the problem --> "no" new cases.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Return to “Off-Topic”