Need a new GSM phone

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wgs1912 said:
Now days nobody ever turns off their phone. I have fixed alot of bluetooth issues with nissans just by turning the phone off then back on. It reboots everything in the phone. Sounds weird but try it.

I turn my phone off every night. That's not my problem. But thanks for the suggestion.

Bt is still evolving - with new profiles being added. So, in that sense it is not mature. We still get a lot of pairing and other issues between BT enabled devices ...

I don't know how open you are to a new phone company, but I recommend T-mobile over AT&T and Verizon. I won't even go into the horrors I experienced with Verizon on my landline.

Anyhow, I've got an android-running t-mobile device and I've been to Europe, Mexico and North Africa with it and it has never failed internationally. No unlocking or locking to deal with--it just works. Also, with android I can ssh into my computer if I feel like it--not that I do other than to experiment with an arduino controlled cat door, but, hey, I think that's cool and it bodes well for the eventual development of third party apps for things like cars.

Just a recommendation for android and t-mobile for whom I have never worked.

Cheers.

awallis said:
I don't know how open you are to a new phone company, but I recommend T-mobile.
Anyhow, I've got an android-running t-mobile device and I've been to Europe, Mexico and North Africa with it and it has never failed internationally. No unlocking or locking to deal with--it just works.

I'm already T-Mobile customer. However, I use a Telestial SIM when in Europe, so I do need an unlocked phone. Why Telestial? Well primarily because it gives me a UK based phone number with free incoming calls within the UK. And, being British, the UK is the place I end up in the most when visiting Europe.

I'm already T-Mobile customer. However, I use a Telestial SIM when in Europe, so I do need an unlocked phone. Why Telestial? Well primarily because it gives me a UK based phone number with free incoming calls within the UK. And, being British, the UK is the place I end up in the most when visiting Europe.

Ah... I hadn't caught on to the accent yet. Should I use the new google search for terms like "boot," "bonnet" and "saloon"?

Take a look at this infographic that puts the shocking numbers behind cellphone usage into perspective.

While most of the data is from 2010 the infographic states Apple is responsible for 99.4% of app downloads. That is a 2009 figure.

47279.jpg

And my POS Z520A lets me down again. :oops:

If you've seen the other thread where I'm complaining about the 5 number limitation in the car's phonebook, you'll know that I was defaulting to it because I was having trouble uploading my phone's. So, sure enough, when I tried to do the same with the phonebook from my wife's Mantra, it uploaded to the car without any problems. Sigh.

1051 said:
Take a look at this infographic that puts the shocking numbers behind cellphone usage into perspective.

While most of the data is from 2010 the infographic states Apple is responsible for 99.4% of app downloads. That is a 2009 figure.

That 200 Trillion text messages per day is not correct. That would be 660,000 text messages per day for each person in the US (about 310 million).

evnow said:
1051 said:

That 200 Trillion text messages per day is not correct. That would be 660,000 text messages per day for each person in the US (about 310 million).

I agree with you

http://thenextweb.com/mobile/2011/02/02/the-shocking-numbers-behind-cellphone-usage-infographic/

You'll be pleased to know I'm now the proud owner of a gently used iPhone 3GS, jailbroken and unlocked so I can use it with the T-Mobile PAYG SIM from my Z520A. Actually I'm the proud owner of a gently used iPhone 2G as well, at least temporarily. But as to why I now have two iPhones is maybe a story for another day.

Anyway, I've got it paired with my car and it works beautifully. The Bluetooth on it, of course, doesn't interfere with Carwings, and the handset phonebook uploaded to the car as you would have expected it to. Heck it even shows up as a Bluetooth audio device. And, of course, the first App I downloaded was the one for the LEAF. Life is good! :D

evnow said:
Actually that sounds about right, at least for my two teenage daughters. T-Mobile rues the day they gave us unlimited text messaging.

mwalsh said:
You'll be pleased to know I'm now the proud owner of a gently used iPhone 3GS, jailbroken and unlocked so I can use it with the T-Mobile PAYG SIM from my Z520A. Actually I'm the proud owner of a gently used iPhone 2G as well, at least temporarily. But as to why I now have two iPhones is maybe a story for another day.

Anyway, I've got it paired with my car and it works beautifully. The Bluetooth on it, of course, doesn't interfere with Carwings, and the handset phonebook uploaded to the car as you would have expected it to. Heck it even shows up as a Bluetooth audio device. And, of course, the first App I downloaded was the one for the LEAF. Life is good! :D

wow, congratulations! Yes, the Leaf app was the first one I downloaded too since I bought it in anticipation of getting the Leaf.

Back