My Leaf or other Leaf apps for Android

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougWantsALeaf

Board

I have started using "my leaf" to see if any of the other Leaf apps might be more useful thank Nissam Connect. One curiosity is that it show slightly different range estimates than Nissan connect or the car. Nothing major, a couple miles, but curious still the same.

Any other apps people suggest trying?

I'm new to the forum and the leaf, I have a BT dongle I've been using for years with mt ice cars using the torque app and thought I'd try it on the leaf and it works, tells me a few things that I have no idea what I'm looking at . If i can ill try and post a pic of it.

I play with My Leaf too hoping it might be slightly faster but the main problem is Nissan's servers. I still click on it as sometimes I like the look.

Another odd LEAF app I have is power cruise control. This is kind of like abetterrouteplanner except it connects to the obdii dongle in your car and gives you realtime updates on if you will make it to your charging waypoint, it sends navigation to the next waypoint to google maps and on it's screen it stays green unless you drive too fast or use too much heat or something. I like it but I find abetterrouteplanner tends to be good enough particularly as I tend to beat their estimates of how much charge I'll have at my charging waypoint. One place I think this is really useful is for a newbie who has range anxiety.

Steelcity said:
I'm new to the forum and the leaf, I have a BT dongle I've been using for years with mt ice cars using the torque app and thought I'd try it on the leaf and it works, tells me a few things that I have no idea what I'm looking at . If i can ill try and post a pic of it.

Please take a look at LEAFSpy this app is very interesting and will get data from your dongle.

Anybody have issues with "My Leaf"? I stupidly let Google Play Store install the latest update to Nissan's EV Connect and it no longer runs on my phone (previous version worked fine). I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling numerous times and the EV Connect app still fails to launch (except in demo mode). This means I cannot start A/C from my phone so I have been looking for an alternative. I am thinking about My Leaf, but there are some negative reviews (which I suspect are really related to Nissan's servers) so I am looking for feedback/comments before I install it on my phone.

Back