Post Your Order Details Here

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DougWantsALeaf said:
NotATesla,

How has your experience been so far? Car meeting expectations (though that is outside of this thread's topic)

Hi DougWantsALeaf,

I'm pretty happy with the purchase, I've got a fairly heavy lead foot but I feel like I've been getting good range out of it regardless. I'm not great at keeping track (need to work on it) but I've been getting around 3.8 mi/kwh on my daily commute, which is mostly highway, so it definitely serves the purpose I bought it for. :D What have your thoughts been in your first week?

I was less pleased with my experiences at the dealership. I've had to bring my car in for a minor issue with the brake backing plate being bent(?) and they couldn't work on it when they just told me they could work on my Leaf 2 weeks prior and failed to inform me when I scheduled the appointment.

NotATesla,

With a couple weeks in, I am pretty happy so far. General driving dynamics still carry over from the old leaf, though with 250 miles per charge vs. 80 on the 13, it does create a mind shift. We don't drive much (which is why the 80 miles was usually always enough), so have only charged the car 1 full time (and a partial). But I think we will only end up charging every week or two now.

I had thick traffic into work today (13.5 miles) and admittedly the traffic was slow to be fair, but only used 3 percent door to door, which seemed amazing.

I have done a couple 50-60 mile trips just to get a feel for range, and it does seem like my original hopes of getting 5 miles/kWh at hwy speeds was a bit optimistic. I think it will be closer to 4.5. I have a 800 mile over 2 day trip with my son coming up soon. All hwy, so will get the real feel then.

Other wise comfort and quiet are both very good. the only fight is whether the cargo area on the 19 is bigger or smaller then the 13. I claim its bigger, my wife smaller.

So far so good.

Seems like this sort of stuff is of interest.

I leased a 2016 leaf a few years ago, 36 months @ $220 a month, lowest end vehicle, liked it!

I went to my dealer a few months before my lease was up and came back a couple times trying to get a good deal.

State :
Metro area/city : Seattle

Color/trim: Blue, SL
Options: everything? Does not come with the blue light up front, or wireless phone charger

Total MSRP+destination charge: 37.7k @ 60 months, .9% finance
Total discount (or markup): 7500
Additional fees:
Purchase or lease?: purchase

Date/time of reservation:5/30
Designated order month:
First date able to request a quote (RAQ):
Actual order date (when quote was accepted): 5/30

Dealer: Campbell Nelson Everett

Delivery date: 5/30

Plans for home charging: extension cord @110v to car, planning on digging a trench with 220 and a little cover.

I know its an old one but gimme some love for my first EV :mrgreen:
Florida
Metallic Slate
2013 .:Leaf SL Built 7/13
Bose Nav Leather I-AVM
31k miles leased car via Carfax
Paid 7k on 8/19

Hi. Iam new in this fórum and iam thinking purchase my first EV Vehicle. I hope Learn so much with yours experience and know how. Best regards.

I don't recall if I posted it here.

2019 S+ with mudflaps and carpets. $30,500 before federal rebate all in. $23K post Federal rebate. Silver. 10 miles on the car when we test drove it and bought it.

Technically it also has door guards on it, but I am inclined to take them off as I don't like the look, and I bet the slightly impact highway efficiency.

As an aside, I really like the new black with the Plus blue highlight. As this is our second Plus in the garage, I think we are done for a number of years in terms of new car purchases.

DougWantsALeaf said:
2019 S+ with mudflaps and carpets. $30,500 before federal rebate all in. $23K post Federal rebate. Silver. 10 miles on the car when we test drove it and bought it.

That’s a solid deal. Not many 2019 left nationwide 2 months later, and the ones I can find aren’t plus, yet they come in well over $30 (one was a 2019 SV with tech and weather for over $34k, and NOT a plus).

More selection in 2020s, yet a base S with absolutely no options except S-charge also coming in close to $32 (as of August, with Nissan credit now at $4k).

Not yet compelled to chuck my 2012 Fisker Karma for the same price (or less!).

NonSequitur said:
DougWantsALeaf said:

That’s a solid deal. Not many 2019 left nationwide 2 months later, and the ones I can find aren’t plus, yet they come in well over $30 (one was a 2019 SV with tech and weather for over $34k, and NOT a plus).

More selection in 2020s, yet a base S with absolutely no options except S-charge also coming in close to $32 (as of August, with Nissan credit now at $4k).

Not yet compelled to chuck my 2012 Fisker Karma for the same price (or less!).

All about timing and location. Specific areas of the country get the better deals. East and West Coast. Hotspots like Colorado, Kansas City, Chicago. Might need to plan a road trip if you want the really good deal.

Problem is; unlike a few months ago when there was an urgency to move aging inventory, the supply is thin and the demand has not subsided so there will be some profiteering

Purchased a 2019 SL+ in CO. From memory price including taxes and fees was $32,159. Required a lease but allowed $25k down and no early payment penalty in CO. 2 days after I purchased another dealer sent an offer for $31,800 for a 2019 SL+ (their website shows $30,205). Not sure I entirely trust the other location as most dealerships would provide a price and then I'd show up and the car happened to have just sold.

act0fgod said:
Purchased a 2019 SL+ in CO. From memory price including taxes and fees was $32,159. Required a lease but allowed $25k down and no early payment penalty in CO. 2 days after I purchased another dealer sent an offer for $31,800 for a 2019 SL+ (their website shows $30,205). Not sure I entirely trust the other location as most dealerships would provide a price and then I'd show up and the car happened to have just sold.
That seems kind of high for the CO area. It's a lease so you won't get the tax credit. That seems like a very high down payment for a lease, more than the lease itself. In any case, pay off that car asap in case the car gets totaled, you could lose the down payment.

I just got an interesting deal for my housemate. The car is a nearly loaded 2020 SV Plus.

PRICE: $43,570
Discount: -$4,000
NYS EV Credit: - $2000
PRICE: $37,570
Nissan lease incentives: -$10,650.

An average to good deal, but now it gets interesting. They are taking her 2013 Prius PHEV in trade, and giving her $10,000 for it - half in cash, half in lease cost reduction. We had originally figured that a dealer would give us maybe $6k for it, as it has a bit of body damage and a misfire issue of unknown cause. But I presented the car well - remotely - and it's the end of the month, so the original $9k offer became $10k yesterday. The version of the deal she will likely take is:

$5k of the trade in credit down. $0 cash down
$273/month, 36 months, 10K mileage lease (together we drive maybe 5k miles a year, if that.)
$4200 cash back to her ($300 of which will go to pay for the Protection Package.)

I don't exactly remember the residual (we were running numbers for 3 cars), but I think it's $18k. The plan is for her to buy the car off lease if she likes it. I had no interest in getting bloodthirsty in negotiating; if the deal goes through as described, we will have traded a likely problem for a new 62kwh SV+ with All Weather and SV+ Tech packages, and about a third of the lease payments paid by the cash back.

LeftieBiker said:
I just got an interesting deal for my housemate. The car is a nearly loaded SV Plus.

PRICE: $43,570
Nissan Incentives: -$4,000
NYS EV Credit: - $2000
PRICE: $37,570

An average deal, but now it gets interesting. They are taking her 2013 Prius PHEV in trade, and giving her $10,000 for it - half in cash, half in lease cost reduction. We had originally figured that a dealer would give us maybe $6k for it, as it has a bit of body damage and a misfire issue of unknown cause. But I presented the car well - remotely - and it's the end of the month, so the original $9k offer became $10k yesterday. The version of the deal she will likely take is:

$5k of the trade in credit down. $0 cash down
$300/month, 36 months, 10K mileage lease (together we drive maybe 5k miles a year, if that.)
$4700 cash back to her

I don't exactly remember the residual (we were running numbers for 3 cars), but I think it's $18k. The plan is for her to buy the car off lease if she likes it. I had no interest in getting bloodthirsty in negotiating; if the deal goes through as described, we will have traded a likely problem for a new 62kwh SV+ with All Weather and Tech packages, and about half of the lease payments paid by the cash back.

Is the fed credit still treated as a cash payment at signing? I am missing "something" here I think?

Back