500,000 Leaf sold

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wikipedia says that LEAF hit 300k sales by the end of 2017.

I wonder if Nissan thinks that the LEAF brand has value. My guess is no since they have rebranded their upcoming EVs but perhaps LEAF will continue on as the budget choice.

webeleafowners said:
I still like their iconic looks.

I wasn't a fan at first but it is growing on me. It is such a comfortable car....I guess this is what it looks like when form follows function.

goldbrick said:
webeleafowners said:

I wasn't a fan at first but it is growing on me. It is such a comfortable car....I guess this is what it looks like when form follows function.
Opposite for me. I appreciated the courage to be ugly when I bought the car but nowadays I just think "ugly but cheap." I would be a lot happier with the later (2018+) design

Its funny, when we bought our first 2019, my family believed they liked the earlier design. When we then a year later test drove a used one (as a possible 3rd car for the teenagers), they realized they actually didn't like it as much, just nostalgic a we had such a great experience with the car. I don't think I could go back to an 60-90 mile range EV now that I have a pair in the 200s.

SageBrush said:
goldbrick said:
webeleafowners said:

Opposite for me. I appreciated the courage to be ugly when I bought the car but nowadays I just think "ugly but cheap." I would be a lot happier with the later (2018+) design

OMG 😳 I love that line. The courage to be ugly. Have you got a copyright on it? Thinking of putting it in my repertoire. Made my day. :).

webeleafowners said:
I love that line.
And I am pleased that I brought you a smile.

I thought a little more about the LEAF appearance. I think it is more accurate to say that in the beginning I appreciated the courage to be cartoon-ish. I still think that car would fit nicely in the most excellent movie 'who framed roger rabbit.' That is probably not an accident given the movie's theme and the timing.

SageBrush said:
webeleafowners said:
I love that line.
And I am pleased that I brought you a smile.

I thought a little more about the LEAF appearance. I think it is more accurate to say that in the beginning I appreciated the courage to be cartoon-ish. I still think that car would fit nicely in the most excellent movie 'who framed roger rabbit.' That is probably not an accident given the movie's theme and the timing.

:)

Back