UPGRADE YOUR MEMBERSHIP - donate to the forum and get...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SageBrush said:
ByeFO said:
Are the MNL admin people aware that PayPal is doing this?

Thanks!
If MNL only uses paypal as an intermediary then paypal sets the rules.

My advice to you: it is safe to open a paypal account if you DO NOT link any of your bank accounts.

Also do NOT register a bank debit-credit card with them. They took $300 from my bank account, through a card I had added as a secondary funding source, after their own MasterCard company refused to pay a scammer, to pay that scammer for a fraudulent transfer. I kid you not. I've been fighting it for 8 months, and they refuse to pay it back. PayPal is a quasi-criminal operation.

LeftieBiker said:
SageBrush said:
ByeFO said:
Are the MNL admin people aware that PayPal is doing this?

Thanks!
If MNL only uses paypal as an intermediary then paypal sets the rules.

My advice to you: it is safe to open a paypal account if you DO NOT link any of your bank accounts.

Also do NOT register a bank debit-credit card with them.
I'm not sure I understand your details but I most certainly agree that it is risky to give payPal authorized access to outside accounts because in any transaction where there is a dispute two things are certain: paypal will not lose money; and paypal will charge the side that meets the business goals of payPal rather than put much effort into trying to sort things out.

Ebay is the same, by the way. Circa 2019 they are biased towards the buyer but the pendulum swings back and forth.

I became a forum supporter yesterday and would like access to the benefits (mainly posting in the classifieds section).

Thank you!

It can take a few days. Mike handles this stuff, and we usually see him posting here only once in a blue moon, although he monitors the site more often than that. Still, in these times...

Oilpan4 said:
If I post pictures on here and let the paid membship lapse do they vanish when my account expires?

I second this question. I hope answer is no, and discussion attachments will remain visible to all members.

Can I buy permission to send private messages, by donating/becoming a premium member?

matson said:
Oilpan4 said:
If I post pictures on here and let the paid membship lapse do they vanish when my account expires?

I second this question. I hope answer is no, and discussion attachments will remain visible to all members.

Can I buy permission to send private messages, by donating/becoming a premium member?

My pictures are still up and I'm pretty sure my membership expired.
I don't know about the private messaging thing.

matson said:
Oilpan4 said:

Correct. The attachments will remain after the paid membership lapses.

As for private messages, you can send and receive them now, just in limited numbers. Those numbers increase if you are a premium member.

I just tried to attach photos for the first time since the server upgrade. Is there something special I need to do? It was always easy to attach photos (as long as they were not too big) and they would show up in the message--now they don't show up.

I've always linked photos from another site. I'm not a Premium member, so I don't have the option. I can say that it often takes a few days for the membership to get processed - especially if there is a weekend involved.

I have never had a problem until now (have been a premium member for a long time). I don't have a photo hosting site so I attach photos directly to messages on this site and on a few motorcycle sites I frequent. I hope this gets fixed so I can post the drain plug photos in the other thread.

I just joined MNL and paid to become a supporter. However, I am unable to start a new post under Private For Sale, Want To Buy.

Please advise. Thanks.

It looks like becoming a forum supporter by donating $15 or more comes with some great additional features on MyNissanLeaf.com. These include:

Ad-Free Experience: No more ads when logged in to your account for 1 year.
Private Message Limit Increase: Your private message limit is increased from 20 messages to 250 messages.
Avatar: You can post an avatar to your profile.
Blog Creation: You can create a blog on MyNissanLeaf.com.
Ad Hiding: You get the option to hide forum ads.
For more details and to proceed with the donation, you can visit this link. If you have any specific questions or need assistance, feel free to ask!

Back