countries adopting CHAdeMO as a national standard

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwerdna

https://www.chademo.com/emerging-economies-to-adopt-chademo/
Emerging economies to designate CHAdeMO as national standard
India, Indonesia, South Africa and Thailand are officially designating CHAdeMO as their national standard. Singapore has also decided to embrace CHAdeMO as public charging standard to support the wider adoption of EVs in the country.

Well, I hate to be seen as a die hard Tesla fan, but to me, the Tesla adapter is the most elegant of the 3. Maybe Chademo V3 will be a tad more sleek than v1/v2.

The timing I found interesting given all of the movement globally with EVs.

DougWantsALeaf said:
Well, I hate to be seen as a die hard Tesla fan, but to me, the Tesla adapter is the most elegant of the 3. Maybe Chademo V3 will be a tad more sleek than v1/v2.
Re: the bolded part, are you talking about the connector Tesla uses in North America, South Korea and Japan?

European Teslas don't have that nor do ones in China. The latter has two inlets, separate GB/T inlets for AC and DC charging.

LeftieBiker said:
alozzy said:
VHS or Beta? ;)

Well, Beta was the better format. In the case of Chademo, though, I'm not so sure.

I have always considered the CHAdeMO connector to be far superior to CCS. The CHAdeMO connector has robust latches to keep it connected to the car and heavy duty power contacts similar to welding receptacles/plugs. The CCS is just an extension of the J1772 plug and depends upon the trigger latch that is adequate for 120/240 volts AC, but a bit scary to me for high voltage, high current DC. I have found several CCS connectors with broken latches on EVgo combination DCQC units when preparing to charge using CHAdeMO. I can only guess the damage that would be done if a connector came loose while DC current was flowing. Unfortunately, I am afraid that CHAdeMO will gradually disappear in the USA due to most cars being either Tesla or from manufactures using CCS connectors.

Well, funny enough, I feel like Tesla is helping us keep Chademo alive for the next few years.

Iam guessing the Leaf will be sold for at least the next 3-4 years in the US so Nissan can say they have multiple EV models on sale. Leaf will continue to see in low volumes here. Not sure about Europe, as I have been impressed it is still selling in the 2500/month range in spite of te massive competition now on sale. Guessing ID3 will take it down another notch.. They also sell the car literally across the globe (seeing many new videos in Eastern Europe), which will take years to cycle. South America, South East Asia, Eastern Europe, and even wider parts of Africa now.

I am curious to see if ChaoJi or Chademo 3 gets off the ground. The first chargers are supposed to go in late next year I believe.

lebikerboy said:
Take a trip to Europe and you'll find that all Tesla vehicles use CCS...
Not true. Earlier Teslas there didn't. I believe you can pay for a retrofit on those older vehicles to use CCS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvjNNh1FnEk was published in Jan 2019. From what I gather in the video, at that point, in Norway, there were no shipping Teslas that could use CCS.

Back