100 miles in a 5 year old Leaf!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

72andsunny

I lost by second bar this week, and I’m about to hit 50,000 miles. But after losing the bar, my range seems to have improved. I’m on pace to get 104 miles on this charge, which is about what I could do when the car was new. Has anyone else noticed a range boost after losing a bar? I had been averaging 80 or so for the last several months.

72andsunny said:
I lost by second bar this week, and I’m about to hit 50,000 miles. But after losing the bar, my range seems to have improved. I’m on pace to get 104 miles on this charge, which is about what I could do when the car was new. Has anyone else noticed a range boost after losing a bar? I had been averaging 80 or so for the last several months.

No, that doesn't happen. What does happen is EV drivers slowly get more efficient at maximizing energy per mile. I suspect that this has happened here - or that some other factor has come into play.

72andsunny: Help us out by putting your location in your signature, and the year and model Leaf you're referencing. Your post will have much more value!!!

It's the weather. In much of the country this is the very best EV weather. The battery is at a nice comfy temperature and you're not using AC or heat much, or at all.

Back