24 kWh Battery replacement cost back down to $5500

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can try to find a good used pack on the island, or a cheap good used pack on the mainland, but then who would install it...? It's not that you have no options, just that none of them are easy - especially the cheaper ones. You could also look for a 'booster pack' for the existing battery, but then the installation comes up once again. You can try one more thing: run LeafSpy pro on the car, and if you have one or two bad cells, have the dealer replace just those, for maybe half the cost and less than half the range increase. Usually, though, the cells degrade evenly.

I got a 1000 discount. in August the official price was 8500 usd

Yes that’s correct. After Nissan’s discount it will be $7500 out the door. at this price the kept my old pack worth 1000

Dan Forslof

Parts and Service Director

Dave Smith Nissan

Infiniti of Spokane

6901 E Sprague Ave
Spokane, WA 99212

Office: (509) 924-6242

blueleafy said:
Have there been any recent changes in battery pack costs from Nissan?

$10k more or less for a brand new 24KWH pack for Gen I , that's what I was told by a local dealer in Dec of 2021.

I wonder if Nissan actually prove that it's a brand new pack and not one that's been gathering dust in some warehouse for years. Once you buy the pack and let the BMS monitor the pack for awhile, then you could verify the SOH via LeafSpy. But at that point, good luck with complaining to Nissan that the SOH isn't in the high 90s like it should be...

Personally, I wouldn't trust Nissan so I wouldn't purchase a 24 kWh pack from them unless it was: dirt cheap, I had an 8 bar LEAF, and it was either buy the "new" pack or scrap the car.

talked with parts this morning in the seattle area and that guy told me flat out between 5&10k!

babbles said:
sorry he actually said between 8&10k without even trying to look it up

That price will still vary from location to location. After the service goes out of warranty, its solely up to the dealership as to what to charge. This means they can upcharge the pack, disposal fees, installation fees, diagnostic fees, etc. They have complete free will to do whatever they want.

FYI; I would get a written estimate any time I went to a service center for something like that or anything else for that matter. Granted, it will have a varying level of accuracy but will still give you an idea of where the dealership stands on the process.

Thanks DAVE!

since I've gotten this used 2011 I totally overlooked that the home we bought last december had a tesla charger left in the garage, is there any advantage of using that than the regular socket?? I ordered a tesla to j1772 adapter off amazon to test it out

babbles said:
since I've gotten this used 2011 I totally overlooked that the home we bought last december had a tesla charger left in the garage, is there any advantage of using that than the regular socket?? I ordered a tesla to j1772 adapter off amazon to test it out
Ummm...yes.

babbles said:
Thanks DAVE!

Yep. All EVs have BMS functions that take away from the charging power to the battery. AC is worse because it has to convert the power to DC to store in the battery. The overhead is not linear to the level of power so essentially, the faster you charge, the higher the efficiency of that charge.

As the charge rate increases, the return naturally diminishes but 120 volt 12 amp charging "was" only 75% efficient and tested extensively on my 2011 and 2013. Contrast that to over 90% on the Tesla. It will add up

babbles said:
thanks Dave, are you in the NW area? might be very near neighbors!!! :)

I am in Lacey. Thinking about changing my name to DaveinLaWA but it just doesn't roll off the tongue as well. Interestingly, I only moved just over 2 miles so I still claim Olympia. ;)

oh ok , I'm up next to JBLM

and by the way, I just got an SD card from Nissan for this Gen 1 leaf, it is functioning but the screen pops out a bit, won't go flush until the engine is off, what gives? is there setting I'm missing? (maybe it's not supposed to stay flush) I installed the disk into the right hand slot, there was an initial "disk reading error" but once i pushed other buttons, everything works including the heat! :)

Press and hold the button that opens the display. This will set the display at different angles. It will eventually return the display to the flush setting.

Does anyone know if EV works in Bainbridge, WA is in operation? I've been in touch with EV rides out of Portland but haven't been able to reach EV Works

Back