What am I using when not moving?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cjb

I often sit in my car listen to music, get some emails done, shop online and what not while my daughter is at soccer practice. In my new Leaf, when sitting in a parking lot with accessories on, am I using the main lithium battery or is there a traditional 12v battery (like an ICE vehicle) that powers windows, radios, interior lights and such?

Cjb said:
I often sit in my car listen to music, get some emails done, shop online and what not while my daughter is at soccer practice. In my new Leaf, when sitting in a parking lot with accessories on, am I using the main lithium battery or is there a traditional 12v battery (like an ICE vehicle) that powers windows, radios, interior lights and such?

The LEAF is "ON", correct? Then you are drawing about 300 W plus climate from the traction "lithium" battery.

Get an OBD2 adapter and LeafSpy -- you will know the answer to your question and quite a bit more

Cjb said:

There is a standard automotive 12 volt battery. If the car is in "Ready Mode" with the yellow-green car icon on the dash lit, then the "DC-DC converter" takes power from the main battery and converts it to 12 volts. If the car is in Accessory mode, then the power comes from the 12 volt battery, and that isn't a good thing.

Back