Electrify America Network

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Either https://www.electrifyamerica.com/pricing/ has a web site bug or they semi-fixed CA pricing. Pass+ remains 31 cents/kWh but Pass/guest in CA is now 25 cents/minute for 1 to 75 kW (car reported) max charging rate with no session fee.

I suspect it's a web site bug as the app is still showing for CA, 43 cents/kWh for guest/Pass.

^^^ Undoubtedly in error.

GCC:
Electrify America launches 8 solar-powered EV charging stations in rural Fresno County

https://www.greencarcongress.com/2020/10/20201001-ea.html

3.5 kW dual L2 sites. I noticed these on the map "Coming soon" a couple of days ago, and was wondering why they
were off the main highways. It's all part of a program aimed at getting public charging into low-income communities, which typically also have poor air quality.

I question the utility of centrally-located L2 chargers for renters: they need QCs, or else L2s at home or work. As the Fresno area is an agricultural center with lots of migrant labor (and lousy air quality), it's hard to see any great use for these except for vanpools, although they are being located convenient to public transit and presumably pick-up points for field laborers. Still, I doubt that demographic will be switching to BEVs anytime soon - PHEVs maybe.

Related to the above, via GCR:
California has a $20M program for getting EVs to the underserved

https://www.greencarreports.com/new...0m-program-for-getting-evs-to-the-underserved

cwerdna said:
Either https://www.electrifyamerica.com/pricing/ has a web site bug or they semi-fixed CA pricing. Pass+ remains 31 cents/kWh but Pass/guest in CA is now 25 cents/minute for 1 to 75 kW (car reported) max charging rate with no session fee.

I suspect it's a web site bug as the app is still showing for CA, 43 cents/kWh for guest/Pass.
GRA said:
Indeed. it's been fixed and now back to the crappy rates. :(

cwerdna said:
cwerdna said:
<Snip>

GRA said:
Indeed. it's been fixed and now back to the crappy rates. :(

For LEAf and Bolt owners. For Kia and Hyundai owners it's a better deal (vice $0.35/min.), and for ID.4 buyers to come and people whose cars can charge at even higher rates it's an even better deal.

Spotted a couple of important expansion sites "Coming soon": South Lake Tahoe (SLT Blvd. east of the 'Y'); Williams, AZ (I-40, W. of the Jct. to the S. Rim of the Grand Canyon).

Assuming they'll build one in Kingman, Kingman to Williams is 115 miles with 3,422' of net elev. gain (98 miles uphill from Fenner to Kingman), which is pushing it at 75 esp. with A/C, so I wonder if they'll put one in Seligman (my choice) or Ash Fork as well.

IEVS:
Electrify America To Install Chargers At Meijer Locations

https://insideevs.com/news/448021/electrify-america-chargers-meijer-locations/

Electrify America announced today a new partnership with Midwestern retailer Meijer, which will host EA stations at nine of its stores across Illinois (greater Chicago area) and Michigan.

In total, 36 DC fast chargers (150-350 kW) will be installed at Meijer locations. The first station (in Bloomingdale, Illinois) is already up and running, while the eight further were announced (see the list below). . . .

Now Open at Meijer Stores:

Illinois:
130 S. Gary Ave., Bloomingdale, Ill. 60108

Coming Soon to Meijer Stores:

Illinois:
2700 U.S.-34, Oswego, Ill. 60543
808 Illinois Route 59, Aurora, Ill. 60504
9200 S. Western Ave., Evergreen Park, Ill. 60805

Michigan:
30800 Little Mack Ave., Roseville, Mich. 48066
3565 Fairlane Circle, Allen Park, Mich. 48101
2980 Wilder Road, Bay City, Mich. 48706
8605 34 Road, Cadillac, Mich. 49601
250 Meijer Drive, Gaylord, Mich. 49735

GRA said:
Spotted a couple of important expansion sites "Coming soon": South Lake Tahoe (SLT Blvd. east of the 'Y'); Williams, AZ (I-40, W. of the Jct. to the S. Rim of the Grand Canyon).

Assuming they'll build one in Kingman, Kingman to Williams is 115 miles with 3,422' of net elev. gain (98 miles uphill from Fenner to Kingman), which is pushing it at 75 esp. with A/C, so I wonder if they'll put one in Seligman (my choice) or Ash Fork as well.

Those would all be great!

WetEV said:
2443-H DELA ROSA SR ST
Soledad, CA 93960

Finally shortens that gap on 101. Greenfield was announced well before Soledad but still hasn't opened, so I wonder if it's dead. The two sites are fairly close together, and while we need that kind of density for reliability reasons (allowing reasonable rather than excessive reserves to be used),:there are other larger and/or more critical gaps in coverage that should be a higher priority. In addition to Soledad/Greenfield, here's the list of road trip coverage expansion or gap filler "Coming soon" sites that I've been or will be monitoring and consider most important for completion:

WA: Bellingham (I-5); Port Angeles (U.S. 101); Leavenworth (U.S. 2, new)

Oregon: Bend (U.S. 97)

CA: Garberville & Willits (U.S. 101); Pacific Grove (off S.R. 1); Los Banos, Harris Ranch & Carlsbad/Oceanside (I-5); Oakhurst (S.R.41); Fenner & Needles! (I-40, the latter new)

AZ: Quartzsite (I-10) Dateland (I-8), Williams & Kingman! (I-40, latter new)

NV: The long awaited and finally appearing W. Wendover (I-80).

There are also sites in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, Alabama, S. Carolina & Vermont, but they're not in areas I'm ever likely to drive to so I don't pay much attention to them.

I don't see any smaller gaps on the 101 especially considering that EA (as is VERY common) chose to install in a town that already has a charger. I guess redundancy will help.

GRA said:
WetEV said:
2443-H DELA ROSA SR ST
Soledad, CA 93960

Finally shortens that gap on 101. Greenfield was announced well before Soledad but still hasn't opened, so I wonder if it's dead. The two sites are fairly close together, and while we need that kind of density for reliability reasons (allowing reasonable rather than excessive reserves to be used),:there are other larger and/or more critical gaps in coverage that should be a higher priority. In addition to Soledad/Greenfield, here's the list of road trip coverage expansion or gap filler "Coming soon" sites that I've been or will be monitoring and consider most important for completion:

WA: Bellingham (I-5); Port Angeles (U.S. 101); Leavenworth (U.S. 2, new)

Oregon: Bend (U.S. 97)

CA: Garberville & Willits (U.S. 101); Pacific Grove (off S.R. 1); Los Banos, Harris Ranch & Carlsbad/Oceanside (I-5); Oakhurst (S.R.41); Fenner & Needles! (I-40, the latter new)

AZ: Quartzsite (I-10) Dateland (I-8), Williams & Kingman! (I-40, latter new)

NV: The long awaited and finally appearing W. Wendover (I-80).

There are also sites in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, Alabama, S. Carolina & Vermont, but they're not in areas I'm ever likely to drive to so I don't pay much attention to them.

I saw the Kingman as under construction on Plugshare - no photos yet. It shows only 1 of each? Or is that just a placeholder? Gosh I hope its more than one charger.

Back