13 Miles Lost on GOM in One Month?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also don't think the reset clears the charge counters since some folks with replacement batteries (probably the only time a reset is justified) have reported that the charge counts continue from where they left off.

knightmb said:
I am curious about the mileage and the SOH on the battery as well. I'm not aware of anyone that still has a 12 bar 2013 given the age of the battery now. If you can verify it in LeafSpy, it would be the first of 2020 that I have read about. The last one I could find was mentioned back in 2018. You may have gotten lucky and found the best battery in a 2013 that has aged very well. ;)

Finally got a chance to use Leaf Spy properly!

SOH = 86.22 %
Current SOC = 66.6 %
GIDs 158
12.2 kWh remaining
BTW it's 52 degrees, fahrenheit outside.

Also did a 44 mile trip two days ago with my miles per kWh ending up being @ 5.

LightyKD said:

SOH = 86.22 %
Current SOC = 66.6 %
GIDs 158
12.2 kWh remaining

First bar drops at around 85% SOH, so you'll likely have an 11 bar LEAF by the end of the year. For a 2013, that's good news!

Yes, very well aged (for a Leaf) :mrgreen:
Don't get discouraged if you lose a bar next year because the bars are not linear. If you are getting an average of 5 m/kWh on most of your trips, you'll still get +80 miles per charge. There are many tips and tricks here to raise your efficiency to get even better mileage (changing old gear oil, keep tires inflated properly, knowing how to use the AC/Heat to stay comfortable without needing to roast/freeze yourself, etc).

Now that your have Leafspy, you can technically silent the backup chime :twisted: Seems to be the most requested thing other Leaf owners ask me to do for them. Use your judgement about safety though....

LightyKD said:

SOH = 86.22 %
Current SOC = 66.6 %
GIDs 158
12.2 kWh remaining

goldbrick said:
I also don't think the reset clears the charge counters since some folks with replacement batteries (probably the only time a reset is justified) have reported that the charge counts continue from where they left off.
Now that I think about it, I am almost certain that a reset does not change the counters since that would have cleared up any doubt whether a reset had taken place years ago

jlv said:
knightmb said:
Don't get discouraged if you lose a bar next year because the bars are not linear.
The first bar covers about 15% SOH. Each subsequent bar is about 7.5%.
IIRC the first and last bars are ~ 16% each, leaving about 6.8% each for the middle 10 bars

Back