Leaf Price / Discount discussion thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
goldbrick said:
I just realized that heated seats are not available on the 2020 S or S+ Leaf. It amazes me that Nissan would drop that feature. You need to get to an SV trim and then add the all-weather package on the 2020's. Just insane.

Yup. And we know, as I predicted, that the cars without heated seats and steering wheel will be sold in cold climates.

We had some very nice heated seats added to our S+, about $500 but saved way more than that in the purchase. Steering wheel- not so easy unfortunately, we keep a pair of warm fuzzy gloves on the dashboard.

DougWantsALeaf said:
What did you use for heated seats?

I had a seat heater (still have it) which was basically a pad. Ran on 65 watts and included vibration. As far as steering wheel heater; I had (from years ago) these "hot hands" that you only need to shake to activate. They are full of pink liquid and after activation, they stay quite warm for over an hour. Best part is they are reusable. As they give off heat, they get hard. To reactivate them, place in boiling water until they liquify again. I carry a couple around in the car with me as part of my emergency kit. I will have to drag them out but last I checked they were going on two years and still liquid.

https://www.amazon.com/HotSnapZ-Warmers-Reusable-Round-Pocket/dp/B004CV2YXE/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=reusable+hand+warmers&qid=1602341291&sr=8-5

DaveinOlyWA said:
As far as steering wheel heater; I had (from years ago) these "hot hands" that you only need to shake to activate. They are full of pink liquid and after activation, they stay quite warm for over an hour. Best part is they are reusable. As they give off heat, they get hard. To reactivate them, place in boiling water until they liquify again. I carry a couple around in the car with me as part of my emergency kit. I will have to drag them out but last I checked they were going on two years and still liquid.

https://www.amazon.com/HotSnapZ-Warmers-Reusable-Round-Pocket/dp/B004CV2YXE/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=reusable+hand+warmers&qid=1602341291&sr=8-5
Gotta love phase change !
I'm not sure though how you used these to substitute for a heated steering wheel. Did you just cup them in your hands, or drape them on the wheel ?

SageBrush said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
As far as steering wheel heater; I had (from years ago) these "hot hands" that you only need to shake to activate. They are full of pink liquid and after activation, they stay quite warm for over an hour. Best part is they are reusable. As they give off heat, they get hard. To reactivate them, place in boiling water until they liquify again. I carry a couple around in the car with me as part of my emergency kit. I will have to drag them out but last I checked they were going on two years and still liquid.

Gotta love phase change !
I'm not sure though how you used these to substitute for a heated steering wheel. Did you just cup them in your hands, or drape them on the wheel ?

no, I just insert them into my "Seattle Seahawk" gloves. Only time I really needed them, I used two on each hand. One on the back of the hand, one on the palm. It literally made me sweat. I have a 6 pack and this was first time I used more than 2 at a time.

I paid a visit to a deal in NY suburb the other day to check out a Leaf SL Plus. I test drove the vehicle and got to negotiate the price:D The salesperson started at 45K MSRP and came down to 39K, then 37.5K, and then 36K. The car has leather seats and some extra options. Does that sound like a good price before the rebate and incentives?

I was wondering what others have paid for a Leaf SL Plus with leather seats etc. lately? after spending a few hours at a local dealer in NY I was offered a price of 36.5K. Was wondering if that's a good price before rebates and incentives?

rayray said:
I was wondering what others have paid for a Leaf SL Plus with leather seats etc. lately? after spending a few hours at a local dealer in NY I was offered a price of 36.5K. Was wondering if that's a good price before rebates and incentives?

Before "incentives?" from the dealer or just state level? Not sure what you mean here.

LeftieBiker said:
DougWantsALeaf said:
What is the SL Tech package? Thought SL had just about everything.

The SL Tech package includes only Pro Pilot and the power seat, IIRC.

That confuses me, that is what the SV tech package has... thought the SL has no packages - all included. Well it did the last time I built and priced one anyway.

danrjones said:
LeftieBiker said:
DougWantsALeaf said:
What is the SL Tech package? Thought SL had just about everything.

The SL Tech package includes only Pro Pilot and the power seat, IIRC.

That confuses me, that is what the SV tech package has... thought the SL has no packages - all included. Well it did the last time I built and priced one anyway.

The SL has optional Tech and Protection packages like the SV (but with fewer things included, and a lower cost ($600) because they are standard on the SL), and also options like locking lug nuts, light up emblem, etc.

Anyone concerned that all of these mega deals on Leafs are just a precursor to the Leaf closing down? Seeking if remaining cars and parts inventory?

Alternatively, do we think it's so nissan can stop buying zev credits?

Any signs or updates on the 2021 Leaf?

DougWantsALeaf said:
Alternatively, do we think it's so nissan can stop buying zev credits?
Nissan buying?

I glanced thru a few years of https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/our-work/programs/advanced-clean-cars-program/zev-program/zero-emission-vehicle-credit-balances and didn't notice any cases where Nissan was the transferee. They seemed to always be the transferor.

I would be surprised if the Leaf was continued past 2022(?) since the tech is changing so fast and Nissan is coming out with a new EV 'platform'.

I'm not concerned since I think there is some sort of requirement for car companies to support old models for X years, the Leaf seems to be a reliable car in general, and there are enough of them around so that in the future (at worst) used spare parts should still be available for some time. Probably the hardest part to replace in the future will be the battery pack but that is probably true today. Eg if you are looking to upgrade a Gen1 Leaf to a 40kWh pack.

Back