After a seven year hiatus I've bought another Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EatsShootsandLeafs

Enjoyed my 2012 at the time, but living in New York its range didn't cut it. Put a deposit tonight on a 2020 SV with all-weather(not a +). Got a very nice price on a 24 month lease (couldn't justify price increase of a +). Delivery this weekend with exceptionally low per mile overage, so I plan on dumping every mile I can onto it and being way over at lease end!

Notably quicker than the 2012 as we all know, though it waves around like a moving van with a cross wind around corners. :p

They wanted way too much for the tech package (fully 20% more) so I couldn't do it.

Actually not sure on the plus price premium but the tech package they wanted either $66/month on my 24 month lease OR $1800. It’s a $2k package. Couldn’t do it.guessing a plus sv would have been at least $100/month more.

Anyway I’m out $300/month, 24 month, 15,000 miles. $0 down—just 24 x $300. Residual is $18,500 or thereabouts. Money factor must have been very low as finance charge was like $32 over life of lease.

I was confident ny EV rebate doesn’t apply but I signed something to the effect that it did so who knows—is theirs to worry about now :)

I'm not sure that New York has a limitation based on lease term for the $2k incentive. It just has to be a new EV, if I remember correctly. They probably will get it.

EatsShootsandLeafs said:
Actually not sure on the plus price premium but the tech package they wanted either $66/month on my 24 month lease OR $1800. It’s a $2k package. Couldn’t do it.guessing a plus sv would have been at least $100/month more.

Anyway I’m out $300/month, 24 month, 15,000 miles. $0 down—just 24 x $300. Residual is $18,500 or thereabouts. Money factor must have been very low as finance charge was like $32 over life of lease.

I was confident ny EV rebate doesn’t apply but I signed something to the effect that it did so who knows—is theirs to worry about now :)

Sounds pretty good. I also did 2 year, 15,000 mile lease. I got S Plus with climate; $380 a month, $19K residual. But had to roll 16 months of my 40 kwh lease into the deal. Not sure what it would have been w/o that. Either way, I think I am set for several years. I guess its all about who can make a product attractive enough to coax me out of my bubble.

Our new 2020 SV+ with All Weather and Tech is costing us $273 a month on a 3 year, 10k miles a year lease with the same $19k residual. Down payment was $5300 IIRC, but she got something like $4200 back on the trade-in, so about a grand down, in trade-in equity, net.

DaveinOlyWA said:
EatsShootsandLeafs said:

Sounds pretty good. I also did 2 year, 15,000 mile lease. I got S Plus with climate; $380 a month, $19K residual. But had to roll 16 months of my 40 kwh lease into the deal. Not sure what it would have been w/o that. Either way, I think I am set for several years. I guess its all about who can make a product attractive enough to coax me out of my bubble.
Well done. I know I got a great price on mine and I think you did even better.

We bought this so my daughter could have a car and I wanted something that wouldn't cost me a mint in gas if she drives a lot, plus with it being new it's got modern safety and zero worry about repairs. I've driven it a bit and the epedal is very nifty. Forgot how much I like EVs.

Welcome back. I love our 2019 SV Plus (when I get to drive somewhere these days). It's been a very nice looking driveway ornament for most of the last 9 months.

We are (now that it is cold) just taking a drive every day to be out in the sun a bit. Its kind of an odd minidate away from the kids. Maybe we splurge and get a cup of coffee from the Starbucks drive-through.

EatsShootsandLeafs said:

There are only 23 payments plus the down on a 2 year lease.

Over 2k miles so far. The extra range vs my 2012 has proven a game changer. I'm still just trickle charging it! I have a 50 amp ready to go in the garage but haven't bought the charger yet.

Only complaints I have so far is that although the adaptive cruise works extremely well the lane assist is terrible, just terrible. Compared to my volvo its implementation is awful and nearly worthless. It's too touchy on the indicator, yet barely even pulls me back into a lane--and even then it's only if I remember to turn it on each time (that weird symbol with the circles around the car). Also the heated steering wheel tech on these is still as bad as it was in 2012, pulsing on and off inexplicably. The voice recognition in the car is criminally bad. I've yet to drive any car in which the voice recognition was not monstrously awful, though, so I expected it to be useless, and id did not let me down.

Overall very pleased with it, though. The heat kicks in damn near instantly, the throttle is snappy of course, with pretty impressive pull for its horsepower number. Actually, it's the first vehicle I've bought in a while I did not have some degree of regret over. It's proving a perfect fit for us.

Yes, isn't it delightful when the steering assist steers the car over a painted line, and then the lane assist chides you for it? I use Pro Pilot more as a co-pilot, backing me up while I drive and letting me take a drink of water as needed. As for the heated steering wheel, there is an easy solution: keep a pair of light driving gloves in the car. They will soak up the extra heat and keep your hands warm when it shuts off for too long.

Maybe its due to the shorter trips (one way work commute 16-20 mins) clouding my judgement, but my steering wheel heater doesn't pulse anymore. Its warmer during the heat up phase but then its just warm the rest of the trip. It is still on a timer...roughly 30 mins I think but it also has memory now so I don't have to turn it on every time I start up the car

DaveinOlyWA said:
Maybe its due to the shorter trips (one way work commute 16-20 mins) clouding my judgement, but my steering wheel heater doesn't pulse anymore. Its warmer during the heat up phase but then its just warm the rest of the trip. It is still on a timer...roughly 30 mins I think but it also has memory now so I don't have to turn it on every time I start up the car
Your experience is similar to mine. My 2015 got really hot before cycling off and then cold before turning back on each cycle so I usually turned it off and on manually. My 2019 does not get as hot, but stays warm and does not cycle off until it has been on for 30 minutes.

LeftieBiker said:
My 2018 also seems to do less (or maybe no) cycling, while staying very warm but not too hot.

The only time my Plus feels "very warm" is when its not very cold out. In the grand scheme of things, anything not cold is a big difference but would still like a high/low switch for the steering wheel heater. I did my one year evaluation on the Plus and that was one of my few complaints... In fact, finding complaints was the toughest part. I really had to nitpick... :cool:

Back