Electrify America Network

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GRA said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
WetEV said:
3500 S. MERIDIAN
PUYALLUP, WA 98373

About time we got something going in that direction!

Is that one that big a deal, considering you've got Kent, Covington, Tacoma and Lacey fairly close by? I'd think one a lot closer to Rainier would be more useful.

Since you are not familiar with the area, I will forgive your comment. What looks like a quick side trip on a map is actually a MAJOR undertaking at all times of the day except maybe 2 AM. There are 4 major routes to Rainier and Puyallup is actually one one of them. Farther up Highway 410 is another area that needs to have something as well. But now, the 45 minute stop at Group Health's level 2s won't be necessary for Soul EVers and 30 kwh LEAFs coming home from the park.

If there's a Chargepoint DCFC thread I'm not aware of it, so I thought I'd post this here.

A DCFC complex is under construction in Montrose CO, three blocks from the intersection of US 50 (Grand Junction, Monarch Pass, Pueblo/Colorado Springs) and US 550 (Ouray, Red Mountain Pass, Durango, Farmington, Albuquerque). The site is located at N 1st Street and Uncompahgre Avenue and will have eight Tesla Superchargers and two Chargepoint DCFC stalls; it is being built with the enthusiastic support of the City of Montrose and DMEA, the local electric co-op.

The Chargepoint equipment has just been installed:

Each of the two Chargepoint towers has both CCS and Chademo cords.

This is another fast charging node in a good location for road trips. Montrose is also the gateway city for Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park.

dgpcolorado said:
If there's a Chargepoint DCFC thread I'm not aware of it, so I thought I'd post this here.
We should probably start threads for each of the other major networks (e.g. ChargePoint, EVgo, etc.) I also don't know of a ChargePoint network thread off the top of my head.

DougWantsALeaf said:
Here is a thread to cover the other charging networks.

https://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=30763&start=120
Thanks. The reason I didn't find that thread on my search is because it isn't in the "Charging Equipment and Networks" forum, which I assumed would cover such topics — go figure. I'll copy my post there.

EA has altered their map to identify sites which are solar-powered. AFAIA this only applies to local sites which are L2-only. There are 4 of these clustered around Fresno.

Also, they've added a "Coming soon" site on U.S. 101 in Newport, OR, a useful coverage expansion. There's another new "Coming soon" in Lovelock, NV on I-80, a needed infill between Fernley and Winnemucca (129 miles, but 159 miles between Sparks and Winnemucca. Lovelock is 88 miles from Sparks and 71 from Winnemucca).

At the end of October there were 491 sites open and 171 "Coming soon". Thanks to the no-notice shutdown over Labor Day weekend* of sites along I-95, and their gradual re-opening, I haven't been tracking how many new sites opened this month. I'm also not going to update WetEV's list anymore, as the number of sites reduces the value of each additional one, especially as many of them are in urban clusters to boost density and capacity. Depending on how things go we'll provably see site #500 open in November.

Bellingham is one of the expanded coverage sites I have been keeping track of as it completes the northern end of I-5, so glad to see it's open.

*I hope the genius who made that decision was awarded appropriately, preferably by being tied to one of the closed chargers and being beaten with otherwise useless CCS and/or CHAdeMO connectors by BEV owners who were stranded that weekend.

Several new "Coming soon" sites I've added to my watch list, all in California: Lost Hills (I-5); Solvang (S.R. 246 E. of U.S. 101); Buck Meadows (Yes! S.R. 120 E. of Groveland).

Lost Hills is infill, as is Solvang. The site in Solvang appears to be well east of downtown so not a great location, but something was needed between Pismo zBeach and Camarillo.

Buck Meadows is the essential site on the NW approach to/through Yosemite. I'd suggested Groveland where Tesla and CEC have sites (the latter's been sitting static for one year, waiting for a transformer), as Groveland has more places to eat. Buck Meadows has this single somewhat seedy-looking lodge with an equally seedy-looking restaurant and gas station, and it's generally passed by, but this should boost business for the restaurant.

It's also 11 miles closer to Yosemite and several hundred feet higher than Groveland, and just 80 miles from Lee Vining, so short of putting it even further east at Rush Creek Lodge where there's already a single CP dual-standard QC, this is about as good a location as you can get. I wonder if we'll be seeing a site appear in Lee Vining soon.

One more "Coming soon" site that provides an expansion of coverage: Poulsbo, WA on the peninsula north of Bremerton, at the junction of S.R.'s 3/305/307. This is about 13 miles via 305 from the ferry terminal to/from Seattle at Bainbridge Island.

I noticed that plugshare has photos up for the new sites along I-40:

Fenner, Needles & Williams AZ. Nothing yet for Kingman AZ.

Those first three look like they are coming along fast.
But then so did my nearest station, Kramer Junction, then it took 2 years to open.

EA is now showing 500 stations open, with 158 "Coming soon". The numbers were 497/179 yesterday, so either there's a glitch on the website or they must have abandoned a bunch of the "Coming soon" sites. None of the ones I'm watching have disappeared.

For the record, #400 was opened on Feb. 7th, so they're averaging almost exactly 11/month.

Back