Confused about Nissan Connect

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would suggest you call the Nissan Connect Canada support line:

1-855-426-6628

They should be able to assist. It's been awhile, so I can't recall the details. However, there's lots of good info in that post I mentioned earlier...

Stanton said:
I can't believe how much FUD--and just plain wrong information--has been offered...so I will try to help the OP.
I suspect your TCU needs to be upgraded to the 3G version; at the very least, you may need the dealer to "associate" your TCU with your (new) account. Either way, a trip to a Nissan dealer is required. The TCU ID provided doesn't tell me much, but the Nissan part number for your model year (12/1/2012 - 9/30/2015) should be 283B0-3NF2B.

I use CarWings/EVConnect almost every day, and the time (and upgrade $) to "fix" it is worth it IMO. The service itself is "free", and it remains the only way to "talk" to your Leaf. Good luck!

The part number in my car is 283B0-4NA0A. Written on the box beside the glove box. Assembled in Mexico - 01 Oct 2012

I guess that means there has been no upgrade :( It does register that there is cell signal when it tries to connect.

David

Geordie said:
The part number in my car is 283B0-4NA0A. Written on the box beside the glove box. Assembled in Mexico - 01 Oct 2012

I guess that means there has been no upgrade :( It does register that there is cell signal when it tries to connect.

David

Just because a phone/modem/whatever "registers a cell signal" doesn't mean it can do anything with it.
You now know you need the TCU upgrade: get it and you will be able to talk to your car. Nissan will associate the (new) modem with your account when they install it.

Hi

How do I reset the Driving Distance and Elapsed Time on a 2013 Leaf?
This was at Zero when I bought the car last month, but can't find how to reset it

Thanks

David

Judging by your handle, I'm guessing you're a Star Trek fan. :)

Hope you've seen the Weakest Link episode from (2001?) w/a whole bunch of Trek actors, including Levar Burton: https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/The_Weakest_Link:_Star_Trek_Edition.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=647039272664438 has a copy. You should be able to find pieces of it on places like FB and Dailymotion by Googling for stuff like weakest link star trek part 1. I saw it aired on TV ages ago. The host asked all sorts of great Trek related questions, including a request from Shatner. :)

I used to watch it because my wife is a big fan.
But I chose Geordie because of where I was born. People from the Newcastle area in north east England are Geordies, possibly after George Stephenson, the early railroad engineer.
I was just feeling homesick when I chose t he e name.

David

Back