Can't set clock

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBCLeaf

For some reason the clocks in my S+ were off by about 30 seconds. Being the OCD type, that makes me a little bonkers so I went to set the clocks manually only to discover two issues:

1. I can't set the dash clock. I select the option to manually set the clock, enter a new time, press OK, and the clock doesn't change. It just exits the manual setting screen without changing the clock.
  • Setting the clock on the 8-inch screen doesn't change the seconds. For example, to synchronize the clock with the correct time I set the clock to 8:41 and wait for 8:42:00 to roll around. Precisely at 8:42:00 I bump the minute up to 8:42 and exit out, but sure enough 8:42:35 rolls around and the clock changes to 8:43. Do I have to cut 12V power to reset the seconds?

I've never owned a Nissan before, having owned Toyota plug-ins for the last decade, so I'm hoping I'm just missing something. The manual has nothing that I can find.

Thank you. I read that thread, but it doesn't relate to my issue. I am not missing the option to set the clock. It's that setting the clock has no effect. Did I miss something in that thread?

LeftieBiker said:
So you have it resolved, now?

Yes. After I figured out that and that the set delay is about 2.5 seconds it's all good. You have to change to the next minute at about 57.5 seconds on the clock (e.g., 6:50:57.5) if you want the clock to turn 6:52 at precisely 6:52:00.

Back