Why would anyone buy a nissan leaf right now???

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a new Leaf Owner that is even more dedicated than myself. He took a train from Detroit to pick up one of the left over 2019 SL Pluses at my local dealer in Skokie. He documented his trip home with the car.

https://youtu.be/g2cF_sYr2jY

Haha. Did you see video with the "kid" who was allowed to see the working Hummer? He pulls up in a new Vet. My 16 year old looked older than he did. I am really starting to feel old.

Humorous in both cases. He was very excited about pro pilot though.

DougWantsALeaf said:
Here is a new Leaf Owner that is even more dedicated than myself. He took a train from Detroit to pick up one of the left over 2019 SL Pluses at my local dealer in Skokie. He documented his trip home with the car.

https://youtu.be/g2cF_sYr2jY

He is definitely Enjoying his new leaf. I found the video on you tube and left him an invitation to come check out the board and say hi.

How much do we think the UK, Australia, etc. V2H/V2G systems will drive a resurgence on Leaf/Outlander/Lexus sales?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thedriven.io/2020/10/27/first-vehicle-to-grid-electric-car-charger-goes-on-sale-in-australia/amp/

DougWantsALeaf said:
How much do we think the UK, Australia, etc. V2H/V2G systems will drive a resurgence on Leaf/Outlander/Lexus sales?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thedriven.io/2020/10/27/first-vehicle-to-grid-electric-car-charger-goes-on-sale-in-australia/amp/

Seems to be a competitor of WallBox Quasar V2G unit - that has been available for single phase 220 VAC systems around the Globe for sometime. The Quasar unit is rated at 7kW and has similar software controls. There is an extensive utilization of Quasar in Australia - so the manufacturer claims. Note that WallBox is a Spanish company.
Appears we will need a new definition of V2H - Any V2G unit that can monitor energy utilization and draw from the battery to minimize "grid draw" can now be called V2H?? Maybe a term like "backup energy" (V2BUE) will be required. :mrgreen:

With Lucid Air seemingly being the solo OEM offering V2G out of the box, it will be very interesting to see how they handle the warranty - if any restrictions are placed on the V2G utilization. That is if the Lucid Air is ever actually produced in quantity.

I have high hopes for Lucid. They are well heeled and have done their marketing right. Now just to build the cars. They can afford no more delays.

I am wondering if Nissan is pushing the very low price 2 year Leaf Leases right now as a way to prime their Ariya sales, as the car will realistically be showing up in the US is Spring to Summer 2022. As the Lease owners come to return their cars, they can try to snag them in a new EV SUV. It works best where there are state rebates, so they can manage the residual, but even in other states I am seeing 0 down sub $200 leases being offered. I can only imagine what the 40kWh Leafs are going to be selling for used when they come off of Lease in 2022.

Any hope for a range increase on the Leafs for 2021?

The 2021 LEAF will probably be essentially the same as the 2020 car, but there are always little tweaks. I should have one for evaluation next month and will be writing an impressions piece for a couple of blogs then.

DougWantsALeaf said:
I can only imagine what the 40kWh Leafs are going to be selling for used when they come off of Lease in 2022.
It can be marketed by @orient as a "CHAdeMO Collectible."

:lol:

If they are not all "vaporEVs" the choices that are promised to be available in the next two years seem unbelievable:
Lucid Air - -517 mile range (unknown kWh - maybe around 150 kWh?)
Hummer EV - 350+ range (unknown kWh - must be 140+ for such a large vehicle?)
Bollinger B-1/B-2 - 200+ range (143 kWh - less than 2 m/kWh - would seem they have some design issue?)
Ariya - 300 mile range (70 -80 kWh??)

And the list is likely quite incomplete. However, appears we will be able to purchase 70 - 150 kWh batteries. All appear to be CCS charge connectors. Appears to me that CCS better speed up their V2G protocols :mrgreen:

I'm stoked!

Marktm said:
The estimate was that the 350 mi range Hummer EV has a 200kWh pack.

That allows the vehicle to live up to the efficiency expectations of something with the Hummer nameplate.

Marktm said:
If they are not all "vaporEVs" the choices that are promised to be available in the next two years seem unbelievable:
Lucid Air - -517 mile range (unknown kWh - maybe around 150 kWh?)
Bollinger B-1/B-2 - 200+ range (143 kWh - less than 2 m/kWh - would seem they have some design issue?)
All over $100k
I'm stoked!

Still stoked ?

Now that a few prototypes of Nissan's next EV are shipping will give some a desire to stick with Nissan a bit longer for EV solutions.

Back